Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

After about two months of searching, I finally found the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly shadows!  Ulta got them in the day before, put up a stacked display and they were gone in minutes they said.  I think they took pity on my fallen face, they said they had a few stashed away for good customers, so I bought one for DD and one for myself.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Our internet service is screwy, but I want to show you the new one out already, Sweet Peach from Too Faced:

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

The Peach Two Faced palette is being discussed in Beauty forum. I believe it is sold out on their website and Sephora and Ulta will be having it out for sale within this week.

The colors are pretty on the PB & J one. I will have to look at the details on their website on that-- as to what it contains besides shadows.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

What i really like about the PB&J is that they are grouped together for certain looks and they have instructions on how to put three nice looks together.

I'll go check out the beauty board.

Honored Contributor

Ugg, still cool this morning but Wednesday is supposed to be 80 or above, depending on where we are.  I'd better start planning hot weather meals.

DD has nothing light weight for work so was out shopping yesterday, I advised by way of face time, love that Woman Very Happy  This morning she sent me a selfie where she's wearing the PB&J, she's very good with makeup, she used to watch the how-to's on youtube when she was just learning.

We haven't heard much lately from @GingerPeach and @Moonchilde, hope all is well.

Waving to @JustJazzmom

Honored Contributor

Hi @Noel7

@Moonchilde and I are creating our own forum in which only positive messages are allowed to be posted.  It's been tricky creating a software that disallows negativity, so we haven't had much time to post here.**

Hope all is well with everyone.

I just learned that I already live in a top-rated area (with the exception of some of the pricing) for retirement.  Well, I guess I already knew that from other studies, but this one is from an independent think tank in Santa Monica, CA (the Milken Institute).  It rates "best cities for successful aging" yearly.

**  Belated April Fools Joke!!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

LOL, @GingerPeach ;-)

Exciting times. Took me a while to get over my cold. Spent a lot of time lying around taking mass quantities of pills and  using up boxes of Kleenex.

Saturday my niece took me to my first Hobby Lobby, so now I can say I've seen one. I wasn't impressed. She was disappointed I didn't buy anything. I told her, I spent months getting rid of "stuff" before I got here and don't have space for the "stuff" I brought with me. I don't need no more stinkin' "stuff." 🙀

We hit the outlets and she bought two pair of shoes. We drove back through Watsonville and picked up strawberries from a mother/daughter selling them roadside. Nice day 😻

Yesterday I got a haircut in Capitola and had lunch at what will clearly become "my Thai place" on the water there. Today - doing pretty much nothing!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Hi @Moonchilde

You made me laugh, too, at the "no more stinkin' stuff" line!  How true!

But now I'm in the mood to go eat "by the water."  I used to do that more often but it's been a while. 

It makes me glad to know you're up and about and feeling better.  

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Noel7

@Moonchilde and I are creating our own forum in which only positive messages are allowed to be posted.  It's been tricky creating a software that disallows negativity, so we haven't had much time to post here.**

Hope all is well with everyone.

I just learned that I already live in a top-rated area (with the exception of some of the pricing) for retirement.  Well, I guess I already knew that from other studies, but this one is from an independent think tank in Santa Monica, CA (the Milken Institute).  It rates "best cities for successful aging" yearly.

**  Belated April Fools Joke!!

Oh, if only there was nothing negative to even talk about Smiley Happy

You are lucky to live in an area that considers the elderly, it sure as hades ain't SF.

They are removing bus stops near places the elderly and infirm need them,  SF has no cooling centers for hot days.  Daly City on the SF border has one there, but only for their residents.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

Actually, the SF/Oakland/Hayward general area came in at #17 out of 100 of large metro areas.  It doesn't say how far east, north, or south the actual area covers.

It's at successfulaging (then a /) followed by milkeninstitute (followed by .org)

It rates multiple factors.  Here are a few of the SF area stats it provides on public transport.  They should have done a better job investigating, it seems.  Lower numbers are better.

Sorry, forgot the column headings. 

IndicatorRankScoreAverage
Score

Mean fare in public transport, population 65+977.2218.50
Investment in Public/Senior Transportation2483.7781.12
Number of Grocery, etc.2753.1548.05
% of Seniors near grocery894.9484.82
% of commuters who walk to work869.5037.98
Special needs transportation5925.5431.52