Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Thank you so much for posting that picture @Moonchilde, it really made my whole day . . . Smiley Happy

Aww, I'm glad you enjoy it, @momtochloe!

I have a Thing for sea otters, and one of my FB friends does too. And since I will soon be living in sea otter home waters, I'll be seeing a lot more of them 😍

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

My day:

bought 3 tins for cookies at Big Lots and a small wall calendar for one son showing backyard birds; then I went to grocery store and bought the prime rib roast for Christmas plus other items;

then took a poinsettia to the cemetery and need two more bouquets for 2 other graves for tomorrow to visit. Somewhere in between I managed to have some lunch-- arugula salad with a slice of honey maple turkey mixed in with Italian dressing.

The poinsettia was unique in that the sepals were doubled.

Came home and made a Thai shrimp dinner with jasmine green herbed rice and started the batter for the final batch of cookies-- White Chocolate Chip Orange Dream cookies.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Many more extreme close-up photos of mom & baby.

http://montereybayaquarium.tumblr.com/post/135606363553/the-squee-heard-round-the-world

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

http://montereybayaquarium.tumblr.com/post/135606363553/the-squee-heard-round-the-world

Fluffy cuteness overload, @Moonchilde!

I am hoping that there will be another one of those live-from-the-aquarium tv shows again this year.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I am hoping that there will be another one of those live-from-the-aquarium tv shows again this year.

@GingerPeach, Big Blue Live was fabulous! I was tickled because the BBC helped make the aquarium even more world famous than it already is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@GingerPeach, Big Blue Live was fabulous! I was tickled because the BBC helped make the aquarium even more world famous than it already is.

You're right!  All the better for the aquarium.  It's a very special place.  And they do such good work advocating for all sea life.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Whew.  Quite tired, but I finally got my 3 batches of biscotti done!  Gingerbread biscotti topped with white chocolate, Toscani biscotti with bittersweet chocolate, and chocolate cherry biscotti - which is unfortunately naaked, because I went through 3 batches of chocolate that would not melt!  Smiley Sad

IMG_0141.JPG

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

While I had my camera out, I thought I would share a picture of my mantel decor.

IMG_0138.JPG

And a close-up of my wine butler reindeer!

IMG_0139.JPG

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ

Lovely mantle decorations!! We do not have a fireplace here.

Have you ever made anisette biscoti? I've a recipe for that using anise extract and ground anise seed. I think it also has sliced almonds in it too.

The biscotti look like they came out great!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom Anise is not a flavor I care for, so no I don't put it in any of my cookies.  My dad was a baker and made a Christmas cookie called Springerle.  They were very beautiful, but they were flavored with anise.   From time to time I think about attempting to make them, and just substituting a different extract, but it's probably more of a challenge than I really feel like tackling!