Honored Contributor

It's good to see you too Noel!  My InstantPot is the six quart round model.  What I like about them is that they give you all sorts of little gadgets that I didn't receive with my first one (actually now the newer ones probably do include them as well but it was a nice surprise when I opened the InstantPot box) like a couple of different racks and tongs to lift it out of the pot.

I wish I could tell you that I make all sorts of exotic things and use all the functions but that would be an enormous fib.  I just usually make chicken, pork or sometimes beef.  I've never used the slow cooker function or even made pasta in it.  I admire people that can't wait to try making yogurt in it . . . I guess I'll stick with Oikos for now . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

LOL, mtc, I'm not looking to go fancy, either Woman LOL  I don't handle spices or onions etc. as well as I used to. 

From recent experience, I do better with the basics.  I also don't eat much red meat, but need a little every so often.  Anemia is a part of lupus so my MD wants me to have a serving every week, although I don't have it that often usually.

I've made chuck roast in a slow cooker often, it isn't always fall apart delicious, but I hear it can be in a pressure cooker, so I'll give it a try.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Noel, there is a website that I use quite a bit if I have a question or problem and she also has great recipes:

http://www.missvickie.com/

Just in case the link gets deleted, look up Miss Vickie Pressure Cooking.  There are a lot of PC sites but I find hers to be the most straight forward, easy to understand and helpful.

I think you'll really enjoy pressure cooking.  You can really make a great meal in not a lot of time and the clean up is super easy.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems surrounding your lupus diagnosis.  My dad had anemia and I remember my mom used to make him the greens from beet tops as they are loaded with iron.  And veggies come out great out of a PC so I think you will be happy with your purchase!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the link and recipe recommendation, mtc Smiley Happy

Off to check it out now.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Eye is fine, MGM 😄 But first day back at work is a drag 😣

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

GREAT!

I see my doctor tomorrow.  I don't think i told you or anyone else but my retina didn't have a tear - I had a bunch of "neos" and a blood clot and they've been done away with. heh, heh,,

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi MJ and All!  Smiley Very Happy

Another hot day here, supposed to go up to 75.  I know, I know, that's nothing for some of you but we're not used to it and I can't think of any place here that has AC,  No cooling centers for people, either.  It's day after day after day, and it doesn't cool off at night.  I've run out of ideas for hot day foods.

I may regret this, but I ordered the TSV pressure cooker yesterday.  I used to use one years ago while helping an elderly neighbor cook when I was in college.  Scared the heck out of me then, I was afraid it would explode Smiley Surprised  But they sure do cook fast and Meredith's recipes look wonderful.

Does anyone here use a pressure cooker?

I hate hearing that you don't have air conditioning at home, @NoelSeven

The worst is when it doesn't cool off at night.  I have been both with and without and am glad I have it now.

As to pressure cookers, I never had my own but my mom used to have one she used a lot and all the kids were afraid of it.  There was a thingey on top, the release valve I think, that used to rattle like crazy.  My mom was a brave woman.  I believe the new ones are less frightening, at the very least!   I have a feeling you're going to like yours a lot.  What color did you get?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi MJ and All!  Smiley Very Happy

Another hot day here, supposed to go up to 75.  I know, I know, that's nothing for some of you but we're not used to it and I can't think of any place here that has AC,  No cooling centers for people, either.  It's day after day after day, and it doesn't cool off at night.  I've run out of ideas for hot day foods.

I may regret this, but I ordered the TSV pressure cooker yesterday.  I used to use one years ago while helping an elderly neighbor cook when I was in college.  Scared the heck out of me then, I was afraid it would explode Smiley Surprised  But they sure do cook fast and Meredith's recipes look wonderful.

Does anyone here use a pressure cooker?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry couldn't help myself, love those dollar signs😋

I used a pressure cooker in the past, but haven't in several years. The $ signs are from me, Noel's red color just carried over😸

Super Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Hi noel. My mom used to have an old pressure cooker. I remember seeing her use it to can vegetables, make pickles and jelly. It was a huge old monster and had these big bolts and wingnuts that held the top on. She would not let us in the kitchen while it was going.

It's my understanding that the new electric ones are much safer than those old style ones.

Seems like I also remember a smaller one she used sometimes to make beef and noodles. It was like a 3qt and the lid fit in to some notches and twisted to lock down. You can put cheap, tough cut of meat in and it comes out falling apart tender in like 30-40 minutes.

The smaller one you are talking about is like the one I had and used for several years. I made pork chop suey, using pork steak which can be a tough cut of meat, with it because hubby liked it. It had great flavor in a short cooking time.

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

GREAT!

I see my doctor tomorrow.  I don't think i told you or anyone else but my retina didn't have a tear - I had a bunch of "neos" and a blood clot and they've been done away with. heh, heh,,

Oh, wow, VERY good news indeed, MGM!  Fabulous. So happy for you!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all