Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ, I used to go to a street fair that could be quite warm that always had a canopy-covered rescue booth (not terribly large) with both dogs and cats. I always felt so sorry for the animals. The cats were often stressed by barking or whimpering dogs so nearby, and the heat, the noise and the people had to be upsetting to all. Not the best way to do an adoption event, IMO. Poor things.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! One of our sons dropped by for dinner. I made T bones 2 thick & 2 thin cut ones. Onion rings and a nice bottle of Biltmore Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and we were all set for dinner. Our son even took out our extension ladder and cleared out the pine needles from out of our gutters/downspouts. In 20 minutes he was done and we filled an entire plastic supermarket bag with those needles. 

It was a gorgeous day here and it was not as hot as it was to be predicted here.

Waving to @SHIRAZ; great 'seeing you' again.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Early morning fog today, posted on our local online ABC weather report page:

View image on Twitter

@Noel7, Oh my Noel, just so beautiful! Looks like something out of a movie scene.❤️

Honored Contributor

I've got the house to myself this week. Niece and her DH are at a cabin a 30 min. drive into the heat. I'll go visit for a swim & lunch one day this week - after the bathing suit I ordered from Kohl's arrives ;-)

Ruby must love me - she's already left me a gopher on the doorstep. Whee!

I bought a Mia 2 online this morning, but not from QVC. Got a great price.  Think I'll head to the aquarium - it's Cepalopod Week, lol - think octopus.

Have a good week, everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I've got the house to myself this week. Niece and her DH are at a cabin a 30 min. drive into the heat. I'll go visit for a swim & lunch one day this week - after the bathing suit I ordered from Kohl's arrives ;-)

I bought a Mia 2 online this morning, but not from QVC. Got a great price.  Think I'll head to the aquarium - it's Cepalopod Week, lol - think octopus.

Gogher?? Wowie.

Where did you find your Mia, Moonchilde?

Respected Contributor

Noel7 - sitting here watching Euro 2016 Wales 3 Russia O and the fans just sang Land if My Fathers - glorious made me cry.  EngkNd nil nil score but Wakes doing it.

Hope everyone is well - 100degrees here today that is why I am watching t,v.

Hugs to all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Gogher?? Wowie.

@Melania, the property is riddled with gophers. She catches one about every 2-3 days and leaves it on the doormat...or what's left of it ;-(

I found the Mia 2 at skinstoredotcom. They have a few colors/sales combo that are on sale, plus today is 20% more off. It ended up being about $10 more than half the usual price.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Gogher?? Wowie.

@Melania, the property is riddled with gophers. She catches one about every 2-3 days and leaves it on the doormat...or what's left of it ;-(

I found the Mia 2 at skinstoredotcom. They have a few colors/sales combo that are on sale, plus today is 20% more off. It ended up being about $10 more than half the usual price.

Moonchilde, the gift that keeps on giving huh? LOL She's just doing her job. We had a cat that brought mice in the house and laid them at our feet. Ack! 

Thanks for the heads up about the Mia!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a 'warm' few days here, nothing like the southwest though.

In 90 degree heat yesterday, I walked all over NYC with my girls, we had a ball!  We had dinner at Gyu-Kaku, a Japanese restaurant.  You order a variety of meats and vegetables and grill them personally!  I loved it. At the end, desert is S'mores. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm about to go take some photos at the beach of the sunset in my pj's I might add, LOL. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson