Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Thanks, JJM.

I'm not looking for just any rose.  I love the Lady of Shalott's coloration plus fragrance. 

I may not have enough sun either since the way our backyards are configured, someone's house wall creates the border to my backyard, which makes for shadow. 

I already have a Gold Medal grandiflora in the only spot that truly gets enough sun.  Or I may have to use a large pot on a spot with more sun.  That's not my first choice.  I used to have two roses in large pots and while they lasted for many years, they weren't ever at their best.

But then if I move sooner or later, this may all just be a pipe dream.

I could still plant the catmint, however.  I am taking out a French lavendar that is doing well because frankly, I finally have to admit I'm not a huge fan of lavendar fragrance, and the flowers are not impressive.  It would be a good spot for the catmint, and would be right next to the Gold Medal.

We'll see what kind of energy I can bring and if I'm even up to it.  My plans still tend to outweigh what I can do now as compared to what I used to be able to do.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I'd like to repeat @Noel7's lovely sentiment for today:

I hope today is a good one for us all Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon everyone!!

Took advantage of the sunny warm day here to finish pruning remaining roses I have. One in container that was transplanted last year was completely dead. Out that went to trash.

I even pruned back to green growth my two 'Strawberries and Cream' hydrangeas by my tool shed.

This is what it looks like when in bloom:

Hydrangea 'Strawberries & Cream3'.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Afternoon Everyone Smiley Happy

I'm glad we are past what I see as the major holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine celebrations and Easter.  Time to get back in shape and take advantage of spring produce!

I've had a little setback with the Prednisone, so will be taking it easy until that passes, I can spend my time organizing veg recipes.  Oh, the fun of it all, lol.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful @JustJazzmom !

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Beautiful @JustJazzmom !

Thank you @Noel7.

I saw them originally at Home Depot about a year or two ago (I think this is year 2 for them at my home) and researched them-- they do not get huge and manage to be about 2' X 2' according to the literature. It was perfect for this spot. I had originally there Andromeda 'Valley Valentine' with deep reddish pink flowers in March/April which I had originally on a Southern exposure. Should have had them on an Eastern or Northern exposure because they both fell victim to lace bug damage. I refuse to spray insecticides so out they went after about 10 years in those spots. At least with the hydrangeas they will be in bloom when we are outdoors.

There is another variety in blue called 'Blueberries and Cream'. The color is not a condition of the pH so this was a plus for me.

Honored Contributor

Busy today here. Visited the Sephora in a local JCP to look at the Urban Decay Spectrum palette. It is cute but the lighter shades in it are shimmery. Not a good look on brow areas. I need matte colors! Salesclerk walked me over to the Buxom line which has a palette of 6 matte shades which are customizable with the palette case having a pull out drawer!

Went home did some research and found out Buxom is owned by Bare Essentuals They have even more mattes available too! I will visit an Ulta tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!!
Back from Ulta and found out that the online price for something is not going to be honored in the regular store, so out I went. I ordered all the items I was interested in, online.Should get it within a week's time. Also went to JCP and ordered for DS in Boston area, new towels for him (his were from college and I figure that it was time for new ones) -- he was going to get them himself but where he is, he needs a car to get there and if he bought them they would be shipped but with not the better discount I have for purchase (25% vs. 15% for other CCs). The store will be shipping it to him so I do not have to do that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's hoping everyone is doing well this evening. HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Here's hoping everyone is doing well this evening. HeartHeart

I love this picture, @GingerPeach

I hope you are having a good weekend Smiley Happy