Honored Contributor

@Gram W

At least the rain will compact the soil down so it won't blow away. Was the water meter changed out or piping?

Here is an example of what the rose garden looks like from my deck/patio taken last year:

Rose Garden 2015.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Gram W

At least the rain will compact the soil down so it won't blow away. Was the water meter changed out or piping?

Here is an example of what the rose garden looks like from my deck/patio taken last year:

Rose Garden 2015.JPG

Oh, that's lovely @JustJazzmom !

The peach colored roses are amazing, and there are so many of them on that one bush. Healthy, healthy, healthy.

Thanks for the photo Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Very pretty, @JustJazzmom!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Love your rose garden.  Reminds me of my fathers.   I love flowers but do not have his touch with roses.  I should try again.   I live in the country so I have a well.  All in the ground was replaced to be safe.   All is working great now so they returned yesterday and replaced the soil.  As it settles I can turn the area back into a flower bed.  Thank goodness it has been cold here and the flowers had not come up yet.  They had to run the equip over the bed.   I will work the soil to make sure that the soil on my spring bulbs is not packed down so that they can not come up.   There is always a "rosey" side to every story.  Thank you for sharing your picture.. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Gram W

Rose Garden 2015.JPG

Hey, how come my back yard doesn't look like this? . . . oh yes, that's right.  It's because I close my drapes and tend to ignore it as me and horticulture don't exactly exchange Christmas cards but I do know enough to know a gorgeous and well tended yard and you certainly have one @JustJazzmom!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this lovely picture . . . well done!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @momtochloe !

@Noel7 The coral orange roses are 'Easy Does It' which is a floribunda rose.

The left hand corner of the garden has another floribunda with butter yellow flowers called 'Julia Child'.

The bright pink flowers along the fence line are from 'The McCartney Rose' and that is a hybrid tea that is also fragrant.

All are very disease resistant to black spot and anthractnose (both are fungal diseases).

Honored Contributor

Decided to pick up the ham today instead of tomorrow, then do the other shopping Friday for fresher produce.

I ordered everything for Easter baskets online, including candy from Target.  Now I have a pile of boxes taking up space, it looks like Christmas all over again, lol. 

I don't know if you've seen the cute ruffled paper plates they have out now for tea parties, small, very Victorian.  DD loves those and got them once for something like $12 for a dozen plates.  Zulily had them a couple of weeks ago, three different packs, different patterns, for $12 for the set of three.  I got those to put in her basket, they were just delivered.

Where is our @GingerPeach ?

Honored Contributor

Busy day today, I decided to dig up the 'Kansas' peony and then used a chef knife to make 10 divisions and potted them up for Extension April plant sale. I also corrected the division that was growing in my lawn. That got separated and also potted up. Now waiting for Motrin to kick in, as my legs ache. We are heading out to eat soon.

Sounds like you have everything under control @Noel7 DD should be very happy with those plates.

Esteemed Contributor
Hi, all ! I hope everyone is well.

Just wondering, where's MyGirlsMom? I've miss seeing her posting.
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Hi, all ! I hope everyone is well.

Just wondering, where's MyGirlsMom? I've miss seeing her posting.

Hi @Lila Belle

I think she took a break, understandable.  It used to get so nasty on the forums.

Happy Easter to you and your family Smiley Happy