Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Hello All

http://orig01.deviantart.net/0a3b/f/2013/107/6/4/sunflower_avatar__plants_vs_zombies__by_visualart93-d620l6c.gif

Supposedly we will be getting a break for at least five days without rain or showers, that will be nice for the Super Bowl events.

DH and I are enjoying the new bold coffee, Death Wish.  I wish I had a pastry to go with, lol.  Allergy pills not doing anything.

I remain yours,

The Pillsbury Dough Girl

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hello All

http://orig01.deviantart.net/0a3b/f/2013/107/6/4/sunflower_avatar__plants_vs_zombies__by_visualart93-d620l6c.gif

Supposedly we will be getting a break for at least five days without rain or showers, that will be nice for the Super Bowl events.

DH and I are enjoying the new bold coffee, Death Wish.  I wish I had a pastry to go with, lol.  Allergy pills not doing anything.

I remain yours,

The Pillsbury Dough Girl

Dear Dough Girl:  

Last night in a momemt of weakness, I ordered the Cheryl's Cookies Sampler ... the OTO.   Wish they'd hurry up and arrive ... I'll send you some when they do.

Sincerely yours,

"Fat Amy"

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hello All

I remain yours,

The Pillsbury Dough Girl

Spoke to my niece last night and she said the forecast for the Bowl area, San Jose and her area was supposed to be gorgeous through the weekend.

@Noel7 I keep hearing about Death Wish - do you know if it comes in K-cups?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde - I want to try this coffee too.  They do come in k cups, Amazon and other retailers sell them.

kcups.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SoX

Dear SoX,

My daughter loves Cheryl's cookies.  She ordered some at Christmas to take to her colleagues and they all loved them, too.  DH and I got to try a couple from the order and they are good!

I am puffy from some unknown cause, especially in my face, but also two puffs at the sides of my neck.  I look weird.  In the end, it's always lupus, contrary to what Dr. House used to say.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Moonchilde - I want to try this coffee too.  They do come in k cups, Amazon and other retailers sell them.

kcups.jpg

Thanks, @Mj12, I'll look for some online!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12

@Moonchilde

Here's the place to go, the Death Wish website:

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

You can order a pound, already ground or not, and it's $19.99.  Check it out there.  Along with my first order, they sent a coupon for $3 off the next order.

I also signed up for their emails, they have a real following and offer specials to them.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Mj12

@Moonchilde

Here's the place to go, the Death Wish website:

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

You can order a pound, already ground or not, and it's $19.99.  Check it out there.  Along with my first order, they sent a coupon for $3 off the next order.

I also signed up for their emails, they have a real following and offer specials to them.

@Noel7 - thanks!  I just ordered from Amazon before I saw your post - $19/lb ground but no coupon. Smiley Sad  Next time I'll order direct.  I think my husband and I will love it.  I will sign up for their emails now - I already get gazillion sales emails per day, what is one more! 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12

Did you get it from Amazon at $19.99 with free shipping?  I think I had to pay for shipping, but it did come with UPS Prime. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Oops. I thought I had read something about this, went to check online, and yep -

The Death Wish coffee isn't just "strong" (tasting) coffee, it has 650 mg of caffeine in a 12 oz (average size) cup. This is *double* the caffeine in the average cup.

I don't need to drink decaf, but I have a somewhat low caffeine tolerance, so this will be a "no" for me :-(

They use robusta beans rather than arabica, naturally much higher in caffeine. And their site, with reviews, is slanted towards heavy caffeine consumers, i.e. multiple strong cups a day.