Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

We watched two new movies from Redbox last night, Inside Out and Jurasic World. 

Had hot appetizers and broke open a bottle of Moet & Chandon.

The rerun of the Rose Parade is running on the living room TV and we have two more movies waiting to be seen.  There will be lots of doing NOTHING today.  Rest, rest, rest.

Wishing all of you the very best in the new year, and that includes @momtochloe   Heart

Oh thank you so much @Noel7!  I am so happy your family had a happy and safe New Year's celebration and I hope your daughter feels better each day.  I woke up about 12:45 so I actually missed New Years but that's ok with me . . . I was eating reheated egg rolls at 3am!

Noel I wish you and the rest of you lovely ladies on this thread the very best of health and good thoughts for 2016.

I just got through playing with my two favorite kitchen gadgets (an egg cooker and my air fryer) so my 2016 is off to a great start . . . Smiley Happy

Thank you, @momtochloe  Smiley Happy   Egg rolls make great NY food!  We had dim sum yesterday for a late lunch, so we skipped dinner and went straight to the appetizers, lol.

My best to you and your husband!

Oh my dear friend @Noel7, Mr. mtc was jettisoned before the millennium (I had concerns about the Y2K debacle) as Mrs. mtc didn't want anything else to go wrong with the paperwork as I had had enough of both lawyers.

I am usually pretty easy going but I do have a boiling point and let's just say it isn't a good idea to push me that far . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe  I apologize from the bottom of my heart!  I thought I'd seen you mention someone you obviously did not.  I applaud jettisoning someone who deserves it, good for you!   Smiley Happy

Oh @Noel7 there are absolutely no apologies needed here.  My ex is my ex for a reason but he was also (at times) a really great part of my life.  I wouldn't take back that part of my history for anything as you always have to take the good with the bad . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Have our eldest son and DIL over for the weekend. Made dinner today-- chicken with chicken flavored rice and green beans w almonds and a salad.

I had the appetizers today instead of last night-- shrimp cocktail; I had 2 mini quiches-- Lorraine and spinach-- heated them up in oven and cut them into 8ths. They were store made and were delicious. I also had Sopressata with sliced Provolone cheese and Genoa salami with more sliced Provolone-- thank you Boar's Head delicatessen company!! That was excellent too.

Our middle son joined us for dinner and we just dropped him off at the train station about an hour ago.

We had Korbel Extra Dry champagne for dinner.

Then after dinner we opened more Christmas gifts and my eldest showed me how to sync my music on my laptop to the I Pad. I now have all my music on my I Pad so I can be very happy when I do walking or biking!!

Good night all, its been a busy day here.  HNY!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

It's constantly cold here, now, in the low 40s here and in the 30s in some surrounding places.

I'm so glad DD was given so many days to recuperate at home.  She has had some seriously bad headaches from the concussion but is improving.  She will see her personal MD next week for a follow up to the head injury. 

I can't wait to get back on track to a healthy meal plan.  We started last night and I just had sliced chicken breast and kale with lemon and garlic, sauteed.  I am ready to be done with appetizers and sweets.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon everyone! The kids are meeting a classmate of son's for a bagel lunch. I had an arugula salad w raspberries and Dijon vinaigrette dressing and 2 small 1/8th pieces of leftover quiche. Got my 30 minute bike ride in but still need to do some treadmill walking. We have plans for dinner out this evening.

Respected Contributor

Happy Jan 2nd to all - very cold here more snow and rain forecast for next week.  Went to aerobics this a.m. really enjoyed it feel good after some exercise.

What good events are you looking forward to this year Ladies?  DH and I went to dinner at really nice restaurant New Year's Eve and I realized as we were talking I have some good events coming up:

Our first great grandchild arriving March we know it is a boy  very exciting.  So we will be off to California then.

DH and I 50th wedding anniversary also in March.  We were both 17 y.o. when we got married and they said it wouldn't last!  Planning party at really good restaurant here, hiring band, going to have all our friends - the whole town here are asking about it.  In small towns this is what happens.

Going home to London Sept. for reunion with my 3 oldest friends - will be gone a month.  Really looking forward to seeing them. We are still all very close and just have so much fun together.

Some time we are expected to move back to CA - our kids demanding this as they  "need you guys here with us".

Enough already got a busy year ahead I think.

What are you Ladies planning?

Honored Contributor

Wow, @dulwich - sounds fabulous!  All good things - congratulations!

My 2016 plans are well known by now ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Happy 2nd day of 2016!! So far so good in terms of no snow in forecast!!

That trip to London sounds fabulous @dulwich!! and congrats on the long time being married to what we would have called our HS sweethearts.

DH's PT guy is in a relationship like that-- married his HS sweetheart. In fact he thought my DH and I met in HS (we didn't)-- we met after we were both out of college. We will be married 34 years this year!

One son plans on moving out of his apartment to find one on his own and join private industry and cash in on his education.

Eldest son plans to remain one more year doing Post Doctoral work at a Midwest University before coming back East again for hopefully a full Professorship at a major university in the East here. They (son & wife) both want to be close to their families on the East Coast.

I plan on removing 3 roses in my rose garden, and replacing with 3 disease resistant ones from a German hybridizer.

Savannah -- going into rose garden

Plum Perfect -- going into rose garden

Madame Anisette -- going in front of chimney

I had planted Frances Meilland to replace a disease prone rose last fall in September. I did see one bloom last fall on it.

Frances Meilland

Dee-Lish -- planted in front landscape in fall

All photos are from the internet.

Respected Contributor

Your sons sound quite together and achieving their goals.  We have three grandchildren all doing well of my one married and she is CPA and now pregnant been married 2 years.  Grandson lawyer, and third one a stylist so they are all out there doing their thing.

Re roses  -  I love roses.  I live 5,000 ft. High in AZ but roses seem to flourish here.  Any recommendations for easy to grow ones? Also any suitable for pots.

I have always wanted a bed of rosess and 2 of our huge cacti bloomed and then sadly they die but I will have a big space left.  Love the pictures you posted.

My London trip will be great / plan to  "do" London then down to Cornwall then to Wales seeing all old friends.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich

I know JustJazzMom will give you some excellent recommendations, but in the meantime, and if you don't already have a copy, get the Sunset Western Garden Book.  It covers zones from your area and also California, so it will still be applicable after your move.

Happy 2016, and best wishes to you and yours.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Thanks Homegirl I will check to see if this book is around any of our shops here.

Happy New Year to you too.