Honored Contributor

Shiraz, your decorations are beautiful!  I do love plaid, and the butler piece is wonderful Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ that wine butler is adorable!  May I ask where you purchased it?

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ladies,

Nice to see everyone.  We've had a very nice week starting last Wednesday night.  A lovely dinner and a cake our daughters had made with our photo on top.  Last year they had chocolates made with our wedding photo.

Friday morning hubby and I headed to the cit for a nice weekend.  We stayed waaaay downtown in a hotel around the corner from wall street.  We had the city from east to west side at our feet. 

I was born and partially raised in NYC but there is still plenty to see. 

I got my lashes on Friday evening!!!!!!  I got the 'natural look' and it only took an hour.  Scratch one off my 'mgm bucket list'..

We didn't bring clothes to 'dine', so we went wherever we felt like in jeans and sweaters.

Sunday we went to Eataly.  Oh my goodness!! It's a paradise for anything Italian. I got my olive oil along with smoked salt, chilis in olive oi, capers and anchovies in olive oil, two types of goat cheese, bleu cheese, romano cheese, buffalo mozzarella cheese, olives, breads, jams, balsamic vinegar and a couple things I forgot.  LOL!  They have locations in Chicago and Philadelphia as well.  If you get the chance, visit. 

We got home last night and I'm ashamed to tell you what time I got up this morning.  i'm washing our laundry from the weekend and that's it.  Our youngest has dinner covered. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

OK, who's got directions to @SHIRAZ's house?  

Wonderful decor and luscious-looking biscotti, Shiraz.  Just a beautiful batch.

@MyGirlsMom

After all that weekend wonderfulness, you deserve to just lounge around looking gorgeous in your fluttery lashes and nibble on some of those goodies you brought home.  

Hi @momtochloe@Noel7@JustJazzmom@dulwich

I hope everyone is having a great Monday.  

The checker at Whole Foods this morning gave me a "pass" for forgetting to tell her something.  We both agreed that forgetting stuff on a Monday morning is perfectly OK!  Maybe even all day.

I guess @Moonchilde is on her way.  Happy and safe trip to you!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

MyGirlsMom - so glad you had good weekend.  Got your lashes on girlfriend!  How long do they last and can you splash your face with water?   Your food shopping sounds glorious.

We have an olive oil shop in our twin and when walking the dogs this a.m. Board outside advertising "balsamic cranberry" and roasted garlic olive oil.  They do tastings so going to check out the balsamic cranberry.

Hope you are all well - everyone sounds busy.  Moonchilde on way for her trip which I am sure she will enjoy.

Loving all the decorations that have been posted.

I just received from Q order of Mrs. Prindable apples.  Ordered last Fri. here today and now in fridge.  Never had these before but we are going to friends over Christmas - we do not exchange gifts -  so an apple in one of the Christmas bags enclosed I thought would be a nice little token - some people there we do not know too so everyone likes an apple! (I hope)'

have a good Monday all.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Many more extreme close-up photos of mom & baby.

http://montereybayaquarium.tumblr.com/post/135606363553/the-squee-heard-round-the-world

Oh my goodness did I need that good news right now @Moonchilde . . . thank you so much for the additional, adorable pictures!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

I just made the Rachael Ray recipe (the link was from the other day) for chicken thighs with orange and rosemary.  Very nice indeed.  I bought some Cara Cara oranges, not knowing they would be deep pink inside like a ruby red grapefruit.  They made for an even prettier dish.  

ETA:  I have to add that the sauteed orange slices were heavenly (if I do say so myself!)  I don't recall ever having had sliced sauteed oranges in a dish like this.  I am definitely making this again.

@Noel7Let me know what you think once you get a chance to make this.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Christmas can officially begin as I have put out the manger! I have the Precious Moments Mini Nativity set and have about half of the items out on a round table with a tablecloth that matches the dining room tablecloth-- its the Lenox Holiday tablecloth.

Precious Moments Mini Nativity 2015.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

image.jpg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

image.jpg

Cozy!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all