Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

My friends@, that @momtochloe did not light up like others above, so I think it bombed.

What did I do wrong?

@NoelSeven, it took me a minute to understand what you are asking and it has happened to me too.

@When you are trying to flag a post so someone knows that you mentioned them, add the @ and it should immediately provide a drop down box with all of the people involved in the thread.  If the person you are looking for would be new to the thread you can keep typing until their name comes up.

Just remember, if you don't see the dropdown box it probably is not going to flag the post if that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@momtochloe

Don't know if I did this correctly, but I wanted you to know that you and I have something important in common... We like to have fun!  Woman LOL

Just sayin', from the Minion Fart Blaster, to cooking and PCs, to the O list on Amazon!

Heart

@NoelSeven and ps, you forgot our undying love for AT&T  . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The usual busy day here-- contractor and his assistant came by to seal an opening in foundation under patio/deck where gas line heads towards generator. We think that is where the camel cave crickets are entering into our basement! In fact, when contractor removed ceiling tile to show assistant where gas line was-- an adult cricket was sitting on top of the pipe!! Woman Surprised Assistant sprayed the area with Raid wasp and hornet killer which would probably kill them too (I hope).

I hope this stops the parade of refugees into our basement now!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Hi mtc!

Thanks so much for responding and explaining!  I did get the drop down box, but not with your name.  Not sure what you are saying in how to keep trying.

All of the rest made sense Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@momtochloe

Don't know if I did this correctly, but I wanted you to know that you and I have something important in common... We like to have fun!  Woman LOL

Just sayin', from the Minion Fart Blaster, to cooking and PCs, to the O list on Amazon!

Heart

@NoelSeven and ps, you forgot our undying love for AT&T  . . . Smiley Happy

Too bad there were a couple of naysayers on your line earlier, I thought it was fun and the kid is going to get a nice present from it!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi.,

I had a crazy and stressed morning.  ugh.

Having guests over soon.  Their supposed to be here at 7:30 but are known to be late.

A beautiful and busy day otherwise. 

p.s. She's still at work ugh!

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

image.jpgThursday, November 5, 2015 ǀ 7 - 8 pm
Panel Discussion: "Hollywood Myths vs. Mummy Realities"

1. UCLA Egyptologists Kara Cooney, Eric Wells, Emily Cole and film moderator Cara Santa Maria review classic mummy films and discuss the science in the fiction.

*Additional ticket required. More details here.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi mtc!

Thanks so much for responding and explaining!  I did get the drop down box, but not with your name.  Not sure what you are saying in how to keep trying.

All of the rest made sense Smiley Happy

Hi Noel, this is tricky to try and explain as to tell you the truth it doesn't always work for me either.

@After you type in the @ and get the drop down box, start typing in the name of the person you would like to flag.  For example, to try and find me when typing in the "m" you will get all people who's nic begins with "m" and then when you type in the "t" that should drop things down considerably and my nic should come up at that point but if not then the "c" should produce my nic.

Again, it took me a couple of tries to get it to work and a few times I had to back out and start over again.  Hope this helps as it is a useful feature . . . and thanks for your kind words about the other thread.  I knew going in some would not care for it but I thought maybe others would and I am glad you found something for your DD!  No worries, we're heading into my favorite time of the year . . . I love Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Heart

@NoelSeven

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe and @NoelSeven

If the drop-down box ever doesn't work (and it should now since obviously both your names are in recent posts in this thread), here is a work-around.

1) Go to another thread or forum where the person has posted, and hit reply to one of their posts,

2) Type @ into that reply post and you will definitely get the drop-down box with THAT person's nic,  

3)  Click on the nic to accept and then copy it,  

4)  Leave the "pretend" post and go back to the thread where you want to use the copied nic, and

5)  Begin a new post into which you paste the copied nic.  Voila!

Hope that helps if ever you are stuck.

As you know, the notification doesn't work to actually notify anyone unless the nic is the auto-populated linkable version, not just a nic that you have typed with the @ symbol.

ETA:  @ChynnaBlue

I know you have a list of helpful hints for posters.  I haven't seen the latest version.  In case you don't already have this workaround, you are welcome to add all or part of the above to your list.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Oh thanks for this @GingerPeach, I'll remember that next time it happens to me!