Super Contributor

Glad our "eye" gals are doing so well. I am about healed up myself with that burn from the cold pack, but will forgo water exercise class until I am sure it is healed.

Esteemed Contributor

@glorybe, be very careful with that burn! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Super Contributor
Oh I am, believe me, taking good care of it👍🏻
Honored Contributor

@glorybe wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Hi noel. My mom used to have an old pressure cooker. I remember seeing her use it to can vegetables, make pickles and jelly. It was a huge old monster and had these big bolts and wingnuts that held the top on. She would not let us in the kitchen while it was going.

It's my understanding that the new electric ones are much safer than those old style ones.

Seems like I also remember a smaller one she used sometimes to make beef and noodles. It was like a 3qt and the lid fit in to some notches and twisted to lock down. You can put cheap, tough cut of meat in and it comes out falling apart tender in like 30-40 minutes.

The smaller one you are talking about is like the one I had and used for several years. I made pork chop suey, using pork steak which can be a tough cut of meat, with it because hubby liked it. It had great flavor in a short cooking time.

I don't know what it is, but pork chops always come out tough for me, even if I use a slow cooker. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@glorybe wrote:

Glad our "eye" gals are doing so well. I am about healed up myself with that burn from the cold pack, but will forgo water exercise class until I am sure it is healed.

Burns take forever to go away :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor
Try cutting them in small pieces Noel, that is what I would do with partially frozen ones which makes it easier to slice.
Super Contributor
Yep, taking longer to heal than I originally thought, but this is my first experience with this type of burn😕😒
Respected Contributor

MGM, that is great news about your eyes.

Noel, take care of yourself. GloryBe, take care of that burn.

And Moonchilde, I hope you had a good day at work.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out......  My brain is slow tonight.

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to mention if you don't see me posting for awhile, it is because I have been having difficulty getting into my account...something about the email address not being valid....although I have been using it for some time.

I didn't really want to have to sign up again and lose my posting history. But if you don't see me, it won't be because of any kind of health reason. I have enjoyed posting with each and every one of you and will always be grateful for this thread.

Take care everyone......Heart

Honored Contributor

For those who are interested in nature and the beautiful Monterey Bay (I'm sure Noel will watch, and I know Homegirl is), Big Blue Live starts tonight in your local PBS station. Three nights of a joint program with The Monterey Bay Aquarium, the BBC, and PBS. It's wonderful!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all