Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  excellent!!! YAY  what a wonderful teacher you are!  I wish I had EVER had you for a teacher!

@NoelSeven  you know... one night while I was so sick (the last two weeks) as I laid there in bed, I could feel my throat close up.  "naw, my imagination" I thought.  But so scared... and then during the last two days a RASH -- I think there are lots of weird things happening to lots of us.

OR

It could be that I am having this as I am "old!"Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:
Woke up at 5am with a really bad asthma attack and have been up since then. This is scary and it's happening to a lot of people around here because of the drought. Rain is what cleans the air, unwatered soil blows in the wind and hurts a lot of us. It also carries allergens.

This is awful.

Oh, I'm sorry. I know what it's like to wake up in distress like that. It's very frightening. hug.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

This is all I got...

lola... the telethon series about the friend did net you a very nice zuccini!   Stuffed zuccini is a favorite!

I don't miss work... maybe I will before long???

@LilacTree  sorry that your DD is being put through this... yes, it does seem that this whole set of "to-dos" before approving one for SSD is just a put-off.  I am sorry that she is suffering from this disease... I guess it is a disease -- but there is no actual cure, right?

The DMV was determined that our daughter would not register her car when she lived in Wash, DC... why why??

It would take pages and pages to describe what my daughter has been put through for the last two years.  She has Chronic Lyme Disease, which she's probably had for half her life.  There are dozens of situations we can remember where she could have been bitten, and she may have even been bitten more than once.

It's finally in the NJ state legislature for recognition.  It has passed the House and now awaiting Senate approval.  This legislature will recognize the disease as REAL, and allow its sufferers to get treatments (mostly antibiotics which only seem to work while one is on them, they don't cure it), force insurance companies to pay for it, and allow victims to get disability.  Occasionally, people have been cured, or at least have gone into remission.  But it's expensive, as it's all out of pocket for the treatments, tests, and meds.  I've discussed this a lot on this BB and its prior incarnation, so that is all I will say about it today. 

I'm not understanding why your daughter cannot get a Wash DC license?  That doesn't make sense to me.  Is she disabled in some way?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:
Woke up at 5am with a really bad asthma attack and have been up since then. This is scary and it's happening to a lot of people around here because of the drought. Rain is what cleans the air, unwatered soil blows in the wind and hurts a lot of us. It also carries allergens.

This is awful.

My heart goes out to the people in California and what they are going through.  We can only hope for a long and drenching rainy season, not downpours because we don't want floods.  But a good rain every day is what's desperately needed. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies! Heart

(((((Noel)))))) feel better sweetie

Lola, best wishes

Lilac, I'm sorry about your daughter.  Lymes is an under reported terrible disease.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Good luck on your interview Lola; sorry that your asthma is acting up NoelSeven.

I just came in from deadheading daylilies and roses -- there is some rain now here.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Hi JazzMom,

It's muggy here with sporadic rain. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Just in case you read that my daughter was waiting to renew her driver's license, she did get it renewed in time for her doctor visit. Apparently they have been having this problem for weeks that the system shuts down and comes back up every couple of hours and they can't get it fixed.

So it's not only the Q!!  LOL 

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

I really make an effort to be kind to others, I really do. I try to take what good I can get from these boards and multiply it, but....did you ever read a thread and all you want to do is post this..

bagfight.gif

or maybe this.....

cry baby.jpg

SMHfacepalm.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree no, sorry I did not make this clear at all... it was dealing with the DMV trying to get her car registered that took her 6 months... and she chanced the situation of driving w/other a car licensed in DC for quite some time.  The local branch of the DMV was a problem... we have never had a problem in TX with licensing a car.  This came as a total surprise to us and I figured that it was more of a problem in the north-east part of the country?  "People" kept losing her application, for one thing.  I don't understand any state having problems getting a person's car registered.  One would think that is "bad for business" but what do I know?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~