Honored Contributor

Re: Can Someone Answer My Question, Please.

I would just tell the co-worker that if you decide to sell a player, you will let her know; that way they know there are no freebies just for asking.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My in-laws do it all the time to my husband...

The last time they asked, I asked them if they thought we had a used electronics warehouse because if we don't happen to have an "extra" laying around, he will make it his mission to find one for them.

Honored Contributor

If a coworker asked me for one, I'd say no.  You don't have to explain why but if you want, you can just say that you haven't gone through your basement yet and/or need to see if family wants it first.  

It takes a lot of nerve for a coworker to ask for one just because you have one that currently isn't being used.  But remain nice, socialable, etc with her.  Take the high road.

Respected Contributor

No, I see no harm, it all depends on the approach.  I've had people ask me to let them know if there is anything I no longer want/use or if I have a particular item.  I don't take offense, because I am alway talking about all the "stuff" I have that is not being used. I'd much rather it go to someone who would use it.  I don't care what their economic status is.  If I have something I don't use/don't need and they ask, its theirs.  I appreciate people who re-use/recycle.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't even ask my best friend for something.   And we give each other major stuff all the time.    

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*