Honored Contributor

Re: Can I just Rant a Little?

@Icegoddess -

I bet you put a microphone in a lot of couples houses and posted it here!😩

You are not aloneSmiley Happy

I have always noticed when a guy gets a cold, that's it.

When a woman, esp mother gets a cold, she still takes care of most everything! True.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I only have one suggestion, you want privacy, lock the bathroom door. 😃

I also have only one siggestion, sell the boat and buy your own TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Icegoddess LOl...enjoyed your rant.I share similar joys and can only say thatit isn’t perfect but it is still better than living alone imo.

@dex  I don’t know, the more I hear these days the more I’m glad I live alone. I enjoy the peace, and like doing what I want on my schedule. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

I only have one suggestion, you want privacy, lock the bathroom door. 😃

I also have only one siggestion, sell the boat and buy your own TV.

@Kachina624 I can't sell his boat, it's his.  I have no ownership of it.  He had it before we got married.  Besides, why would I want to?  I get so much more work done around the house when he goes to the boat.  That's the only time I can re-caulk the shower and not have it used before it has time to cure.  And we have 3 TV's.  If he really wanted to he even has a futon in his man cave and a TV.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Is divorice an option?   It sounds like you can't stand the man and you are extremely irritated that he had the nerve to get sick and hang around YOUR house..  I've read about couples who grow apart and share a house but live separate lives.  Hang in there, colds are temporary.  He'll get better soon and you can both get back to your normal routine.

@chrystaltree no wonder the divorce rate is so high if everyone goes from a little irritated directly to divorce.  

Honored Contributor

You need a she shed. 😀  Is there a room you can call your own?  My father retired when he was 55.  He had no hobbies, didn't follow sports, no boat.  He stayed home all day everyday.  My mother went out of her mind.  He has passed, but it never changed.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Is divorice an option?   It sounds like you can't stand the man and you are extremely irritated that he had the nerve to get sick and hang around YOUR house..  I've read about couples who grow apart and share a house but live separate lives.  Hang in there, colds are temporary.  He'll get better soon and you can both get back to your normal routine.

@chrystaltree no wonder the divorce rate is so high if everyone goes from a little irritated directly to divorce.  

The divorce comment was a joke.  If divorce was an option, it sounds like OP would have gone that route a long time ago.  She really, really doesn't like that man.  

Valued Contributor

And that is exactly the reason I haven't retired yet LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Ketra @Whatever works as long as it makes you happy.I have found a way to make my own schedule that has him worked in....lol.I think I am so used to having h8m around after 45 years that I would be lonely.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

The divorce comment was a joke.  If divorce was an option, it sounds like OP would have gone that route a long time ago.  She really, really doesn't like that man.  

@chrystaltree I AM OP.