Respected Contributor

Re: Can I just Rant a Little?

What a sad and miserable pist. I thought this person was joking—and then others started to agree with her. Yikes.

Honored Contributor

Icegoddess - I hope your husband is feeling better and you are too.

We all get into a comfortable routine. And when our routine is thrown off it can be irritating. And I am glad you vented. We all have to vent once in awhile. It will pass.

Hope you have a nice weekend and things go a bit better.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You remind me of why living alone works well for me. Trust me, opportunities for relationships came and finally realized iam not relationship material. Wish you well and hope you find a solution. Thank you, For the reminder. 

Honored Contributor

How is he the other 355 days a year?  Yes, some can be out of sorts and colds make people turn into ????  Thank goodness, it's not a year-long thing.  Hopefully if the tables are turned, he'd take care of you.  

Honored Contributor

Aww too bad the OP feels her dh is an annoyance. I tend to cater to my husband when he's not feeling well and he does the same for me when I'm under the weather. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Most men don't handle illness well.  Just my opinion but many of my women friends have commented on this same thing.   HOw I handle it is to take care of what is needed at home and then spend time AWAY from home.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess    When my husband is sick, I tell him I'd rather he go upstairs, he can sleep, watch tv, cough, sigh (he sighs a lot when sick, ha!!)....while I am downstairs doing my thing.

I don't want to have to tip toe around him while he is on the couch.   I feel your pain.

Trusted Contributor

Take a deep breath, let it out. Repeat. Remember, “this too shall pass.” 🙂

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate this post.  When days are difficult, I find sharing helpful.  We need each other.

My husband, like so many others, doesn't handle minor illness well. Years ago, he was in bed with a cold and "watching" our two kids while I was at work.  I received a call from my young daughter explaining that her Dad had said, he was dying. She had pulled up a chair by his bedside and was watching him carefully.  I was a bit confused but, came home to check on him.  He was ok and said he was just kidding. He has said, he's "dying" many times since when he was suffering from a virus. This has become family humor that we often reminisce about.  

We just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. 

Trusted Contributor

I can't tell by reading the post if this behavior is the result of the husband being sick, or is just an indication of inconsderation of others (e.g. not putting dishes in dishwasher).   I couldn't live with anyone, male or female, spouse or roommate, that was generally inconsiderate to me.