Honored Contributor

I just need to rant a little.  Last night hubby came home and thought he was just having a reaction to blowing leaves, sore throat etc.  Coughed and tossed and turned  all night.  Today full blown cold, which means he's underfoot all day long today. 

He's usually home all day anyways, but he normally spends a lot of that time in the man cave.  Not today.  I couldn't even get through my shower without him coming in the bathroom for his sit down.  At least he closed the door.  But, I like a little privacy. 

And when it was time for my Soap I left it on the news channel so he wouldn't be subjected to that.  But, then he complained that they were spending all their time on the Felicity Huffman verdict.  I told him it was either that or the Democratic Debates. 

When he gets sick he just lays around and does nothing.  And if he does go in the kitchen for something he doesn't put things up or in the dishwasher.  Of coures he rarely puts things in the dishwasher anyways, so it's already so hard for me to keep the kitchen tidy even when he's not sick.

He eats a little dinner and goes back to the bedroom for a little nap.  So, I thought I could finally catch up on my Soap. But, no, he comes in and lays down on the couch right in the middle of it.  Well, too bad, I'm gonna watch the rest of it.  Usually on Friday nights he would be running his "errands" which is code word for I'm gonna end up at the bar with my friends, and I would get some alone time, but not tonight.  At least at the moment he's taking a hot bath.  

I really need a "vacation".  I get so much more done when he's not around.  And he hasn't gone to visit his boat the entire summer.  Aaaargh!

Okay, rant over.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can I just Rant a Little?

When you said "for better or for worse", this might just be the better.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess   Rants welcome anytime.  

My ex-husband would do the same thing - he drove me crazy when we were both at home.  I dreaded the day when both of us would retire.  But things change and we get along now that we are no longer together.  

I just think that since he and his live-in girlfriend have been together at least 5 years now, he is probably driving her crazy by now.  It makes me chuckle.

I hope he feels better.....that boat is waiting....maybe suggest selling the boat and then he will go visit it more often!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I only have one suggestion, you want privacy, lock the bathroom door. 😃

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I only have one suggestion, you want privacy, lock the bathroom door. 😃

@Drythe I can't.  There is only a doorway between the bedroom and the bathroom.  I have been wanting one of those sliding barn doors, but it would have to be on the bedroom side and still wouldn't be lockable.  There really is no way to put in a regular door and not have it be in the way.

The door that hubby closed was the one for the little room that the toilet is in.

Respected Contributor

I feel you, so much, more than you know. Men get in the way of our lives, even when they’re an integral part. They need to stay in their zone. When they get out the zone, it’s chaos. Good luck, I’ve wanted to tear my hair out when my man acts like that.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

When you said "for better or for worse", this might just be the better.

@Scooby Doo, doesn't mean I can't complain.  Not like I'm going to kick him to the curb or anything.

Respected Contributor

I understand your frustrations, @Icegoddess .  My ex was seldom ill, thank goodness....but when he would get a cold it was the WORST cold anyone had ever experienced.  He would even speak in a weak voice....this is with a minor head cold!  After a day of that, it would get on my last nerve!

I also understand you love your husband, and would be his rock if he was seriously ill!

Sometimes you just need to vent....I get it!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess LOl...enjoyed your rant.I share similar joys and can only say thatit isn’t perfect but it is still better than living alone imo.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is divorice an option?   It sounds like you can't stand the man and you are extremely irritated that he had the nerve to get sick and hang around YOUR house..  I've read about couples who grow apart and share a house but live separate lives.  Hang in there, colds are temporary.  He'll get better soon and you can both get back to your normal routine.