Honored Contributor

Re: Came up with another quote as it applies to me!!

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@qualitygal  Not actually a quote but the mantra I live by (and it works for me) is that I don't deprive myself of anything.  I only use portion control, though.  I will limit myself to one of something.  Like if I am craving a donut, I will have one.  Not the whole dozen.  Now some things, like potato chips, I will limit myself to one of the little bags, like you would put in a child's lunchbox.  

This way I never have to crave something & not have it.  The portion satisfies my sweet tooth, or savory tooth, LOL, & I don't feel like I am missing anything.  It has worked for me all these years.  

Totally agree with you on that action.  

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@qualitygal  Not actually a quote but the mantra I live by (and it works for me) is that I don't deprive myself of anything.  I only use portion control, though.  I will limit myself to one of something.  Like if I am craving a donut, I will have one.  Not the whole dozen.  Now some things, like potato chips, I will limit myself to one of the little bags, like you would put in a child's lunchbox.  

This way I never have to crave something & not have it.  The portion satisfies my sweet tooth, or savory tooth, LOL, & I don't feel like I am missing anything.  It has worked for me all these years.  

Totally agree with you on that action.  

@qualitygal   And at least for me, it really does work.  Not only do I never need to go on a "diet", but I don't miss out on anything.  Even simple things like having a pizza party.  I will have one slice.  That will satisfy my yen for a slice not to mention I won't be the party pooper or the ole' stick in the mud that refuses to join in.  🍕

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Super Contributor

Congratulations on 30 # weight loss on nutrisystem!!!  I'm on it too and have not moved the scale yet, not even an ounce.  But I have realized,  I simply can't have certain things in the house, at all.  I am not able to just have one, because eventually I eat it all.  It's not about will power either.  It's just certain things trigger me.  I'm not about to binge on lettuce, but ice cream  is different

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols  I remember that quote from Richard Simmons,

years ago, when he had a tv show.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal   Here is another one I thought of on the fly from my aunt< 

He who indulges,  Buldges.....

My aunt  lived by Weight Watchers back in the 70's and was quite successful with that program at that time.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard this one years ago:

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

The only problem for me is that chocolate does taste that good.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I congratulate you on the 30 pounds @qualitygal . Inspirational quotes can be helpful, but unfortunately, I like the taste of food too much. I've got a completely sensible diet at my fingertips, but I keep putting off my quest to lose forty pounds.

Honored Contributor

I would say to concentrate on getting everything your body needs every day. Don't think about what it doesn't need.