Honored Contributor

Came up with another quote as it applies to me!!

[ Edited ]

Constantly trying to be mindful of eating properly, and these little quotes to help in that situation pop up now and then and I'm writing them down to remind myself.

Just had, "It's easy to eat, but hard to diet"  come to mind.  I'll use it as a self-motivator and reminder.

The other day I had, "Weigh yourself daily, it's easier to take off 2 lbs. than 10!!"  

So do you ever do things like that to help yourself, better yourself.  

I'm going to be one of those self-dieters for the rest of my life, I just know it.  Love food, and have no allergies to any food.  Could you plan that any better, who should I thank for that one?  LOL

Share quotes you live by or that help to remind yourself to improve some area in your life.  If you care to share.

Last weeks quote was, "snacking is not a hobby or pasttime".  

Honored Contributor

Re: Came up with another quote as it applies to me!!

@qualitygal Good luck with your weight loss....and, yes, weighing every day does help.  

I don't know if this is a quote, but I live by this:

Your words, thoughts, and actions determine your future.

Trusted Contributor

"You only live once."  I find portion control works better for me.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  On Nutrisystem, I've just lost 30 lbs since January.  I'm turning the corner now and going back to store foods now.  I have learned a couple of lessons on this and certainly don't want the 30 back.  I want to be smarter now in this.  That's why these things are important to me now, more than ever.

With grocery prices it should be easy to do.  Now if my hunger can get the message. LOL

Honored Contributor

The quote I've been living by for the last 6 years as I aged from 75 to 81 came from the doctor I expected to tell me he had to do surgery on my carotid.  Instead he wanted me to change my lifestyle with the emphasis on eating sensibly and walking more.  Give or take the 2 pounds we often fluctuate daily, I've lost 60 dangerous pounds in those years!

His deciding words?   "Genetics determines 5 % of your health; all the rest is up to you."

I'n still thankful he put me into control.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops   Oh, that's good and that's why the quotes for myself I think will be of help. I know, I've always been easy and allowed and don't do that now. It is what we do for ourselves that counts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

Constantly trying to be mindful of eating properly, and these little quotes to help in that situation pop up now and then and I'm writing them down to remind myself.

Just had, "It's easy to eat, but hard to diet"  come to mind.  I'll use it as a self-motivator and reminder.

The other day I had, "Weigh yourself daily, it's easier to take off 2 lbs. than 10!!"  

I'm going to be one of those self-dieters for the rest of my life, I just know it.  

Last weeks quote was, "snacking is not a hobby or pasttime".  

Just fyi - including negatives only reinforces what you don't want so switch to positives. Here's one that might help:

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal Words to live by for dieting:

D I E T  =  Did I eat that?

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!

Good luck on your quest to lose weight!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  Not actually a quote but the mantra I live by (and it works for me) is that I don't deprive myself of anything.  I only use portion control, though.  I will limit myself to one of something.  Like if I am craving a donut, I will have one.  Not the whole dozen.  Now some things, like potato chips, I will limit myself to one of the little bags, like you would put in a child's lunchbox.  

This way I never have to crave something & not have it.  The portion satisfies my sweet tooth, or savory tooth, LOL, & I don't feel like I am missing anything.  It has worked for me all these years.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I'm not a quotes type of person.  Weight has been a challenge for me since I was 13.  Quotes and sayings are not going to help me eat well and live a healthy lifestyle.  I want to live a long life and live long enough to see my grandchildren graduate college, get married, give me great grandchildren.  That is all the motivation I need.  Of course motivation is only part of it, I put in the work.