Honored Contributor

@hckynut John, I drive a 4 Runner.  How might cut the "goo" or grease from my back window?  In the rain, when the wiper crosses it looks like grease.  They used to say coke, but that hasn't really done it. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG- Not hckynut but try either ammonia or white distilled vinegar.  hth

Honored Contributor

Distilled vinegar (also called white vinegar) can be used alone as a degreaser. The vinegar can be applied to greasy surfaces with either a spray bottle or a cloth, and should cut most grease with minimal rubbing. Mix 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water.

Source:  Internet

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling @hckynut

[ Edited ]

Hi @ECBG 

@AnikaBrodie and @qbetzforreal  both gave you good tips to clean oil and grease from your exterior glass. I use an exterior glass cleaner I bought at one the automotive stores. It cleans the grease and oil base pretty darned good.

Leaving it on for a few minutes to let it penetrate is the best way I have found. I have always used a good lint free cloth to clean both the interior windshield and exterior glass, leaves them pretty streak free.

Give the cheaper ones mentioned a try and if they don't do a good enough job, the automotive exterior glass cleaner has always done the job for me.

My best to you,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
Probably a good idea to avoid getting ammonia or straight vinegar on the paint of your car.