Honored Contributor

Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Hi dooBdoo

,  Considering you are going through difficult times and took the time to help me says you are the GEM.   I hope your troubles will pass quickly and life will be smooth sailing from now on.  I have to laugh at how excited I got from learning what should have been a simple task, funny how small things can bring so much joy. I felt like a kid in a candy.  To you dooBdoo, and the very nice ladies who posted on this thread, I look forward to seeing and talking to all of you many times in the future. 

Hi, @Lindsays Grandma!    I'm so pleased to know you're enjoying all the features on the Community.    Simple pleasures can be the best, can't they?    I know it's more complicated here than the old platform but the good news is that it allows us much more in the way of customization.  

You're so kind.    Truth be told, I think when we're going through difficulties that's the very time to try and be helpful to others and also to count our blessings.    So glad I could help.    Thank you for the good wishes.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Cakers wrote:

@dooBdoo  Just want to say "Hi".  Hope things are not too troubling for you.

Sending positive energy your way.Smiley Happy

What a treat to see you, @Cakers3!❤️    Thanks for the positive energy...   I'm sending it back to you in multiples.    I hope you can feel it.   I think of you often and continue to keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.   (((hugs)))

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Whatnow wrote:

@dooBdoo I have been missng your posts too.I really hope that you are well.

There seems to be a lot of posters missing and it is starting to feel lonely here.

@dex,  Hi, sweetie!   Thank you, I really do appreciate the good wishes.   I've been reading a bit more than posting but I, too, have noticed several of our friends seem to be missing.     I do hope they're well.   It might sound silly, but I worry about them and even check now and then to see if they've been around.    Just my opinion, but I think some of the negativity here (or what I call the "slings and arrows" that are sometimes so happily inflicted) has pushed many wonderful people away from posting as often.    It certainly keeps me at a distance...   (insert a really big sigh here).    The overwhelming majority of people here are so great, so interesting and helpful, but the few who bring things down do tend to have a disproportionate effect.   I'm glad you and others are hanging in here!    I appreciate you!❤️

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Hey put on your bullet proof vest and jump on in.I just don't let them get to me and it's funny but they seem to have quit trying or I have just perfected the art of ignore.I sometimes hear a little something but usually I take a look at it and think ...not worth worrying over or hmmm maybe there is some truth to that.Nobody ruins my time here because I just let it go.

Honored Contributor

Whatnow wrote:

@dooBdoo Hey put on your bullet proof vest and jump on in.I just don't let them get to me and it's funny but they seem to have quit trying or I have just perfected the art of ignore.I sometimes hear a little something but usually I take a look at it and think ...not worth worrying over or hmmm maybe there is some truth to that.Nobody ruins my time here because I just let it go.

Excellent advice, @dex!   Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex, I love your comment about the "bullet proof" vest, it is so fitting when it comes to these forums!  I have been here for many, many years and I hardly post anymore, it just became too stressful, people attacking you from every directions just because they did not like your comments!  

@dooBdoo, I agree with all the others, you are a very kind & caring poster, and I hope you will be feeling better soon, but I can totally understand your feelings about this board!

Honored Contributor

hooty wrote:

Whatnow wrote:

@Whatnow, I love your comment about the "bullet proof" vest, it is so fitting when it comes to these forums!  I have been here for many, many years and I hardly post anymore, it just became too stressful, people attacking you from every directions just because they did not like your comments!  

@dooBdoo, I agree with all the others, you are a very kind & caring poster, and I hope you will be feeling better soon, but I can totally understand your feelings about this board!

Hi, @Hooty!    Thanks for your kind words and good wishes.    We do have so many lovely people here, but indeed sometimes words can hurt, no matter how hard we try to write carefully and to convey our feelings with good intent and good will toward each other.    Sometimes stepping back and staying away is the only solution, at least for a while.   Thanks, again.   I hope everyone who's reading and posting here will have a peaceful, safe holiday, doing something you enjoy.    Sending positive vibes and my deepest appreciation to all of you! ❤️

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo.....I don't even know why I bother posting at all anymore. My posts are vanishing into thin air or being labeled as "inappropriate". I state my thoughts or personal opinion, and suddenly my words are being analyzed and questioned. Good grief.

I hope you are doing better after having some difficult days. As I have said many times, you are well respected by many on these boards and your input is valued. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Out to dooBdoo

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

@dooBdoo.....I don't even know why I bother posting at all anymore. My posts are vanishing into thin air or being labeled as "inappropriate". I state my thoughts or personal opinion, and suddenly my words are being analyzed and questioned. Good grief.

I hope you are doing better after having some difficult days. As I have said many times, you are well respected by many on these boards and your input is valued. 

(((@catwhisperer))),  Hello, my dear friend.    I say there's something dark and stuffy in the air (figuratively)...  I've been dealing with it for a couple of weeks now and my hope is that the heaviness will lift and some of the negativity will go back to wherever it came from.    I know it's frustrating.    At times I think I probably take other posts the wrong way, especially when I'm feeling crummy, so I try to move away from them...  get some distance and perspective...  then return and decide if the post really was aimed at me or intentionally hurtful.    9 times out of 10 I realize I took it the wrong way.    But please know I'm not saying that's what you experienced, just me.    I'm sorry, and hope you'll feel better and brighter too!   

Thank you for being so encouraging!   You are well-respected by many, including me, and your input is valued!  (((hugs)))❤️

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo....(((Hugs))) back at you.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.