Honored Contributor

Re: Calling On The Bay 6/09/22

@on the bay

h my goodness!

When we left yesterday, Shadow was in his "safe house" under the comouter desk!

After leaving, he went in our bedroom where he sleeps with us and stayed quite a while.

The guy tried to give him a chicken chew and he wouldn't take it!

We can't bring him with us for several reasons and houses that allow dogs aren't fumigated between renters!

Shadow has been fine in the past, I just hate the pup is stressed!

The guy loves to walk, and gets up early with his coffee.  He was looking forward to taking Shadow into the woods for long walks.

I know he'll be ok, but it is very worrisome!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

I was wondering how he was doing.

I wish I could be there with him. He would be ok with "Aunt Bay!" 😥 💓

I would just keep hugging him til you got home!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,

I hope you are catching some waves!

The cats I was watching for my neighbors, when they got home, both cats who are brother and sister, jumped in her suitcase! I don't think she will be going anywhere soon according to them lol!

Shadow might eat your suitcase when you get home or use it for naps!😁

My cat was always very aware when I got the suitcase out and watched every move while "helping me" not pack!

Take care and be sure to give Shadow the biggest hug from me when you see him!💞

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay

Shadow finally came around somewhat.  I guess it was a tough adhustment.

I never thought it would be so hard at only 3 years old.  At least he is in hias own home.  He will never be boarded.

Honored Contributor

Aw @ECBG,

I know that was hard on you too.

Sometimes there are hotels or B&BB that accept the best kind of pets-dogs! and cats!

I know it is hard to find houses to rent that allow pets.

My daughter just went to one that didn't allow pets but she said the owners have a golden and there was fur on the pillows and blankets.

How does that make sense? But I guess when it is their house they are renting they can make their own rules.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I wish you could hold Shadow until we get home.  Fireworks are likely to start and he gets too afraid, yet, amazon drivers are kind of stand back!!!!

He wil likely be under the desk.

Honored Contributor

Aw @ECBG I wish I could too and I feel sorry for all the animals, birds all of them when the fireworks start.

I have always loved watching them before but now I just think of all the pets and wild ones too who they harm.

Not to mention the ton of money they cost. 

Yeah I'm an official party pooper now

but more on the side of Shadow and all his friends!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We'll be home late tomorrow afternoon.  I am ready for a "huggy fest"!! !!!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We got home about 5pm, and oh boy!  Was that tail ever wagging that dog, Shadow couldn't stop winding around us!

He got on his basement bed while we brought things in.  I just kept leaning over and "kneading" nthat big head and powerful neck!

Fireworks will start soon and we'll have "dog under the desk!!!".

I'll put up some pictures of where we were driving to get back.

Esteemed Contributor

He's adorable.