Honored Contributor

Re: Calling On The Bay 6/09/22

@on the bay 

Guess who is pressed up against me while I watch TV.

I wish you could smell the cologne and hug the silk.

Shadow gets his claws trimmed tomorrow.   He can't stand for us to do the nails!

My poor Snuggle Baby!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBGI bet he smells so good and snuggly!❤️

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Shadow will have a hard morning tomorrow (Friday).

He won't let us trim his claws, so he will go to the vet.  He trembles the whole time.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG aw, no😢

Did you try that nail thing?

LT photo

LuckyTail Dog Nail Grinder

tbdc spec discount badge (1)

Pros:

• SUPER-BRIGHT Integrated LED Lights
  • Ultra-quiet & Vibration-free
  • Premium Quality & Designed in USA
  • Very Powerful Grinding Motor

Cons:

• Sold out 2 times this year
  • Only available online

There are others too this was just the first I saw when searching dog naill trimmers.

We used to use one but back then they didn't have silent ones and ours were scared of the noise😢

Anyway I wish I could be there to hug and hold him while getting it done, poor baby❤️

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Shadow pulls that paw back in horror when he sees anything like that and would never tolerate the sound and feeling of the grinding, but thanks!

They just got back from the vet.

He begin whining loudly in the parking lot, but walked in on the leash.

The young lady that is a newer receptionist asked to pet him, and he loved her.

There was a lot of protesting from a standard poodle in the exam rooms down the hall and shadow ran over to DH and got under his chair, shaking!

Thankfully, he did do ok having his nails trimmed., he is down 8 pounds, but they are walking longer than they did in the winter.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

I'm so sorry. I know that is heartbreaking. I know you will be giving him extra hugs today. Poor Shadow baby!😢❤️

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ECBG,

I'm so sorry. I know that is heartbreaking. I know you will be giving him extra hugs today. Poor Shadow baby!😢❤️

@on the bay 

Thank you.  Afterwards, DH took him over to his warehouse office, and he got lots of love from DS who's office is down stairs.  He has a lot of favorites over there and all the guys adore him and look forward to Shadow's visits.

Now, he and DH are in the woods!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Laying items out for dinner way back on the counter, like a stick of butter.  I went into the panter with the computer.   

A few minutes later, I hear a jump!

There was a spot on the floor where a lot of licking had happened!  The stick of butter was gone! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

Gotta love him! 😄❤️🥰

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Hope you had a nice day!

Late last night while watching tv, I noticed a big swollen area under his front leg (like an "arm pit").  This area was the size of 2 50 cent pieces side by side!

DH remembered while they were at the pond, at one point, Shadow ran up under his seat down there.  There were small hornets around (not enough to find a nest), and he must have gotten stung, although I couldn't see a puncture wound with the swelling.

He has enjoyed Benedryl covered in chicken salad (he can hold a pill in his mough forever), all day and had been a sleepy (drunk, so to speak!) boy!