Honored Contributor

Calling Kachina624

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

We've had some cooler days, but we made 60 degrees and a few days at 68.

The ponds filled up from the rain in the cove the past month and the ducks were back today!  We may have spring ducklings.

You'll remember she had two sets of ducklings last year, although we don't know what happened to the first set; she may have moved them.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  No, I don't recall you mentioning duckling status last year.  It would be fun to watch them hatch and grow up.

We had a skiff of snow this morning and it's supposed to happen again next week.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG.  No, I don't recall you mentioning duckling status last year.  It would be fun to watch them hatch and grow up.

We had a skiff of snow this morning and it's supposed to happen again next week.

@Kachina624 

Is a "skiff of snow" where the snow just flies in the air?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  It's just a light dusting, no accumulation.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    

I have a "feeling" it's gonna be an EARLY summer.    I have a giant ponderosa pine that shades the whole house...and there's already "nest building" up in that tree!!!     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Kachina624

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 Two ducks flying down around the pond areas today.  If she has a nest, it could be two males.  Both ponds are full, it seems activity down there is up.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624    

I have a "feeling" it's gonna be an EARLY summer.    I have a giant ponderosa pine that shades the whole house...and there's already "nest building" up in that tree!!!     di

@Desertdi.  I've had that feeling of dread since last summer.   I'm betting this is the new normal.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Kachina624 Two ducks flying down around the pond areas today.  If she has a nest, it could be two males.  Both ponds are full, it seems activity down there is up.

@ECBG.  I don't understand, 2 males and she has a nest?  I guess anything is possible this time of year.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

That's the way it goes.  If it wasn't her, the two males will fight and the loser will leave.