Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday.  I bet that poor cat diligently toiled for 3 days trying to get that can opener to work.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Jett was beautiful and sounds like a mischievous character. I bet he kept you on your toes. Fond memories, I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  He was a beauty!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nonametoday.  I'll always have a soft spot for collies ; I was raised by one.  They're such sweet, gentle dogs.  This one was famous for his thievery.   He'd steal cans of soup from the pantry, slip out the dog door, pierce the cans with his teeth, drink the liquid then further open the cans and eat the contents.  I'd find them in the yard completely flattened.  I have no idea how he did it without cutting himself.  He knew exactly where the soup was stored.  I learned to keep the door tightly closed.

@Kachina624 Oh my! I never heard of such a thing!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  He could have taught your dogs a thing or two.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nonametoday.  I'll always have a soft spot for collies ; I was raised by one.  They're such sweet, gentle dogs.  This one was famous for his thievery.   He'd steal cans of soup from the pantry, slip out the dog door, pierce the cans with his teeth, drink the liquid then further open the cans and eat the contents.  I'd find them in the yard completely flattened.  I have no idea how he did it without cutting himself.  He knew exactly where the soup was stored.  I learned to keep the door tightly closed.

@Kachina624     Sounds just like my husband....but HE put the empties in the trash.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624     Jett is a handsome boy.  I had a tri-colored full size Aussie with similar markings.  He is gone now.  I've never had a collie but DD used to do Shelty rescues and that usually include some collies, too.  They were just beautiful dogs. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant   I also had a black tri colored Aussie but had to rehome her.  I couldn't keep her in my yard, a real escape artist. I drove all the way to Canon City, Colorado to rescue her from a shelter where she was going to be euthanized.  Beautiful dog. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jubilant   I also had a black tri colored Aussie but had to rehome her.  I couldn't keep her in my yard, a real escape artist. I drove all the way to Canon City, Colorado to rescue her from a shelter where she was going to be euthanized.  Beautiful dog. 

@Kachina624   They are so smart.    My son gave him to me when he was a puppy. He had his own job and home and wasn't home enough to take care of him. His name was Hank Williams lll.  Our son was big into country music at the time!  We all just called him "Hank".   I trained him to obey by either hand signal or one word commands.  That dog just lived to please me.....now who wouldn't love that...LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Calling Kachina 624 3/7

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

We have had Aussies, and sometimes our 55 acre "used to be a dairy farm" isn't enough land to keep them busy. But with lots of socialization and training, they were great to have while we raised our family. Our last, a solid red, is now nearly 16, and she'll be our last. I, too, have always admired your profile picture! Beautiful dog, and well remembered.