Honored Contributor

What is the name of that gorgeous pup that is your avatar?

May we have a picture?  Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Kachina 624 3/7

[ Edited ]

@ECBG.  He was (deceased) a tri-colored rough collie, known as Jett.  He was a character and full of the devil but dearly loved.

Screenshot_20210307-123959_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry, my Dear!  Every time I see that pup I just want to put my arms around him!

Do you have a love nugget now?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG.  He was (deceased) a tri-colored rough collie, known as Jett.  He was a character and full of the devil but dearly loved.

Screenshot_20210307-123959_Chrome.jpg

@Kachina624  I think it is beautiful also.  We have had rough collies, border collies, American border collies (and one chow) for all our marriage.  We are especially inclined to them.  Our last one (will be our last).  We knew she would be our last when we took her to the vet for passage to the Rainbow Bridge.  We have a mean little hellion cat (what a character) now that is spoiled beyond words but she is small and if we have to lift or hold for veterinary trips, etc, we are able to do so. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  I can no longer lift the collies and got tired of the grooming so I have a mini Aussie and a pound puppy who are smaller.

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Kachina 624 3/7

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG.  I can no longer lift the collies and got tired of the grooming so I have a mini Aussie and a pound puppy who are smaller.

@Kachina624 

Jett was gorgeous/handsome.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday.  I'll always have a soft spot for collies ; I was raised by one.  They're such sweet, gentle dogs.  This one was famous for his thievery.   He'd steal cans of soup from the pantry, slip out the dog door, pierce the cans with his teeth, drink the liquid then further open the cans and eat the contents.  I'd find them in the yard completely flattened.  I have no idea how he did it without cutting himself.  He knew exactly where the soup was stored.  I learned to keep the door tightly closed.

Honored Contributor

Thanks all for the compliments.  He was a beautiful dog; came from champion parents.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nonametoday.  I'll always have a soft spot for collies ; I was raised by one.  They're such sweet, gentle dogs.  This one was famous for his thievery.   He'd steal cans of soup from the pantry, slip out the dog door, pierce the cans with his teeth, drink the liquid then further open the cans and eat the contents.  I'd find them in the yard completely flattened.  I have no idea how he did it without cutting himself.  He knew exactly where the soup was stored.  I learned to keep the door tightly closed.

@Kachina624   Oh that is funny.  We had a Siamese cat who did something similar.  My mother died, and we had to leave very unexpectedly.  We had one cat already at the vet for surgery but they could not board the Siamese.  They were filled up.  That was before PetSmart and others.  We left him home alone with water and food opened to last but cats are like horses about eating. On return 36 hours later, we found he had gotten into the pantry, cans of food were on the floor as well as the electric can opener.  LOL.  He was a smart boy but did not know can opener had to be plugged in.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

I'd love to see your "little ones" now.Smiley Happy