Honored Contributor

Re: Calling @Kachina 4/28/23

@happilyretiredgirl 

Very good idea about the mask.  Shadow was frantic to get out after 2 days of rain.  I live in the Blue Ridge mountains of the Appalachian mountain chain.  We are on the Appalachian Mountain Trail which is world famous. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG   I wish you wouldn't give out so much personal information -- where you work, where you live, your husband is out of town, etc. etc.  And posting pictures of yourself to boot.  I just don't feel like it's safe!  

Sometimes I get the sense that you are too trusting. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @ECBG !  First, let me say I love your posts.  

My husband and I lived in western VA from 2006-2010.  Lived in Front Royal and I worked in Middletown, Va overlooking the Appalachians.  A very magical time in our lives from the wealth of experiences.  So many memories that I'll never forget and be eternally gratefully for.  Worst thought was a long probably 4 foot snake across my path on a walk.  I got over it though. 😊

ETA:  I've come to believe there's no one paradise.  Paradise is anywhere you are if you look hard enough.  Just a foreshadowing of what is to become.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MJDinVegas 

If it was a black snake, you were in good company; they keep the poisonous snakes away.