Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Aunt On The Bay 12/28 22

@on the bay 

How are you feeling today?  I hope this time around you progress more quickly.

I stayed home.  Being at the base of a mountain we catch everything.  To get out my driveway is a slight upward pull, then I go straight up, level out past 3 houses and go straight down into a 2 lane double yellow lined curvy road which is tree covered, so it doesn't melt.

Impossible to get in here in bad weather without 4 wheel drive!

Shadow has spent the day in the glass kitchen door looking at his snow, and watching some of it fall from the trees.

What region are you in?  Do you get a lot of snow?

Hope you feel better!Smiley Happy

Five Essential Tips for Great Food Photography

Honored Contributor

Hi @ECBG!

I'm startging to feel a little more like a human being. Last night just felt like I had an awful cold but rather that than the awful past few days.So I took a nightime cold/flu and got to sleep and it has helped throughout today too! So getting there! I was so grateful that stuff worked so well. It is weird how it seems to be something different everyday. Maybe as I've read covd can affect every part of our bodies. 

It sounds like it is so hard for you to get in and out during bad weather.

Has Shadow played in the snow yet? I may have asked you that already.

Anyway I hope you can stay warm and safeSmiley Happy Thanks for the nice soup!Woman Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

So wonderful this round of the virus has a smaller punch!

Shadow may "plow" for a second, but he's immediately cold so he runs back in.  He doesn't have the personality for a coat.  He just wants his vent!

I had ordered a 12 can flat of our favorite Healthy Choice from amazon which gave me the grocery store's sale price!  So very glad to have it!

You may want if you have a fav.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

No, this second round was the worst. I've never felt so awful. But today I feel like I might get back to the land of the living. And maybe tomorrow or the next day it will go back to wherever it came from!

I think I told you before but when we did have a big snow, our oldest would make a tunnel thru the snow and race through it. The 2 younger ones though timid at first and looking like what is he thinking, eventually followed and they would all race through the tunnels of snow. They looked like they were having so much fun. 

I like Healthy Choice but the other day I had some Yes brand soup and it was the best canned I'd ever had.

Maybe some dogs, like us run hot or cold. The one who ran thru the snow would like to find a bare floor and plop on it. I think that must have been why he would only sleep next to me for awhile then wonder down to the foot of the bed away from the others and me. The biggest and youngest would keep getting as close to me as he could until I was alnost off the bed lol!

Well, have a snuggly night with your big loveable hunk of Shadow!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

It seems we are going to have a lot of melt off issues in the morning.  At 9 am, it's going to be 25 degrees.  It's a day off for me.

Just thought I'd share that I am rewatching an old series about how young American girls ended up European brides.  The series is well done and costumes and locations are wonderful.  If you'd like to watch it, the name is The Buccanners.

You might like a good show while you're "stuck".Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I might mention that you have to type episode 2-5 in the search box.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope you are feeling better.

I have a laugh for you!

while doing laundry 

When I went to bed last night, there was a puppy's head on my pillow and he was curled up neatly for the night!!!

I had to move the baby to get in bed!

He's asleep right now next to me as I watch TV  while doing laundry. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We hope today was better.  Shadow sends his love.  Woof!

alt 59c4207ecf106

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,❤️

Love the "woof!"

I'll get there, getting thereSmiley Happy

a big smooch to Shadow too!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We hope you feel much improved and are sending you our sunshine.Smiley Happy

Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Day Trip Itineraries from Asheville