Respected Contributor

Re: Caller Made me Cry

[ Edited ]

@MASSMOM wrote:

Darling caller, we heard you, and if we could give a collective hug we would. I can't

imagine the lonliness you must be experiencing.   I had such an ache in my heart after

listening to your call on the Valerie show. As I say my prayers tonight, you will be

included. God Bless and may you know peace  as you mourn your husband.

@MASSMOM ~ Beautifully said.  What a kind soul you are. I will also keep her in my prayers.  👼🏻

Honored Contributor

Re: Caller Made me Cry

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@rms1954   She made me cry too.  She said he died in July so that was very close.  I feel like her conversation with Valerie and Jane made her feel good.  God bless her.

I also feel like she was able to make a connection and it made her feel comforted.  That's always a good thing.

I agree with you both.

And...  I had tears in my eyes, too.💔

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I too witnessed that sweet lady speaking about her late husband. Also brought tears to my eyee as I saw my mom in her. My mom lost my dad after 68 years of marriage. They had known each other from when mom was 7 and dad was 9. My moms heart is broken and I have seen her daily sorrow. She does have a grief counselor. I think it took courage for the woman to call and discuss her lost love! Jane and Valerie Treated  her with grace and compassion!

Valued Contributor

I had tears in my eyes last night and the mourning caller as in my prayers. It warms my heart to read the messages this morning from the good hearted souls also sending compasssionate thoughts her way. 

Trusted Contributor

I heard that caller and geez it made me fill up with tears.  I wish I could take her grief and sorrow away.  

Esteemed Contributor

It was very, very touching. 

Plus, it gave voice to the fact that QVC, its hosts and guests

are indeed friends and family to isolated, lonely viewers, despite those who call them mere salespeople.  The connection is very vital for some.

Trusted Contributor

I missed the call as I have been in and out of sleep a lot fairly recently.  In all the posts between here and Facebook, everyone said the same thing, their heart breaks for her as does mine.  They also said that Jane an Valerie handled it beautifully.  A Testiment to both of them.

Honored Contributor

@MASSMOM wrote:

Darling caller, we heard you, and if we could give a collective hug we would. I can't

imagine the lonliness you must be experiencing.   I had such an ache in my heart after

listening to your call on the Valerie show. As I say my prayers tonight, you will be

included. God Bless and may you know peace  as you mourn your husband.

@MASSMOM  your sentiment is so very beautiful. I said a prayer for the sweet caller as well. 

Honored Contributor

So many aching and breaking hearts out there. I am sure it was helpful for the caller to be able to vent. Blessings to her as she tries to move forward.

Valued Contributor

@rms1954, I have never once cried over a phone call in my 27 years of watching QVC, I don't even like phone calls, but I cried over that one. Her pain brought me right back to my first months as a widow and that aching, empty feeling of trying to adjust to life without him. So I had a good cry as I listened to her speak. I thought the same as you because I wished I could give her a hug so bad. She clearly needed it. My heart broke for her. I hope she felt all the mental hugs that were being sent her way as I'm sure there were many.