Valued Contributor

Re: Call out to 'Realtors'..question please...

@Goldengate8361 

I agree, she has made her monies by holding the hand of your buyers(if infact she sold your home). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda  -  I love the suggestion about getting a gas card. Goodness knows about the realtors having to drive around and spend money on gas.

Regarding the comments about already receving a commission, realtors are self-employed workers and by the time they pay all their expenses out of their commission check, it's not nearly as much as one may think.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

No disrespect but, if you are working for an agency, I see where your're not getting the full 6% commission. It has to be split between agents and their companies of which they work. However, on a decent price home the agents still get a nice payday, especially if they sell two to three homes in a day. After the company is paid and the other agent is split, heck 3- grand is pretty good take home. Many times, especially during the enormous price hikes, the commissions have really hit all time highs, as you  know. I don't want to hear about all the work involved. In this day and age, the paperwork is pretty simple, as most sellers wish to sell the home "as is", meaning, not willing to fix anything. Many take the easy way out and prefer to say they know nothing about the home, as far as disclosures, even though they have occupied the home for 30 + years... LOL, I love that one, it gets me every time. 

You tell the prospective buyers what will stay, what does not. You get the earnest monies in check form and then take it all to your real estate attorney, where the rest is done, or in FL, the Title Company, which is cheaper.

So you are rewarding someone twice for bringing the person who phoned them in the first place, to walk through your door. They don't know who these people are anymore than you do. All this can be done by the seller and you can save thousands of dollars. I've owned 5 homes and one condo and have sold them all on my own. if you have the time to show the home, which I like because you can set the showing  times, not be told "I'll bring my clients at 9AM".. Oh no,,,,,,,,,You set the times, I've always encouraged people to bring their inspectors with them if they'd like. You know your home better than an agent does. Have the buyers sign in and yes, show proof with license, also bring a bank copy of qualification. Have a book there for them to sign in. Its not really that hard, if you're dedicated in selling it yourself. That 15 grand or more save, is nice to have in your pocket. Always have someone with you, just in case, you never know who may walk through your door but then again, neither does an agent.. Agents know soon they will be mere icons, that's why you see so many Ads now, with companies lowering the commissions to "Just 2 %, we'll sell your home" Paperwork can be found at a Staples. I mean if you really like this agent and have made him/her a friend, by all means, give them a gift, Just keep in mind , they also get to write off fuel for going to and from showings, gone are the days where they actually drive their so called clients to see these homes. Maybe a certificate for a lunch  or dinner would be nice. Now, what I always did was for the people that purchased my homes, was to leave a nice fresh bouquet on the kitchen counter and a basket filled with cookies , brownies and chips and in the refrigerator, a nice bottle of wine. I'm getting ready to do it once more here in FL. I wish you well in your new house, I'm sure in no time, you'll make it a home.. ~Blessings & Good Wishes~

Valued Contributor

They are very well compensated! Check your closing costs and realtor fees!!! They are absurd. 

Give her a gift cert to a nice restaurant! 

Valued Contributor

WHAT??? Giving money is so inappropriate!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pieman  - I'm not a realtor.  Your post is difficult to read without paragraphs.

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I have a 'Realtor' who has been a 'godsend' to me recently and I would like to give her a special memento for her tireless efforts on my behalf.  Do you have any suggestions as to what would be the most appreciated?  Thank you.

@sarahpanda you must be a very special person to want to tip your realtor.  They make more than enough with the sale of your home or a home just sold to you to need a tip.

They are a group I would not want to tip, but since you do, how about a simple gift card with the Master Card or Visa Logo that can be used anywhere?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Oh, so sorry, I didn't want to take up many pages.

So, I hope you would have been able to understand what was written.

I hope this is easier for you to understand.

I don't believe I ever said you were a realtor.

If I did, please accept my humble apologies.

Oh and one more thing, there are times when people write one way, it comes up in print another way.  Not much can be done about that.

Okay, you have a wonderful week.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I am not a Realtor, but my first instinct says money. 

She's already being paid a commission.

Super Contributor

You are so misinformed about most agents.  Who sells 3-4 homes a day?  Nobody.  I was an agent and broker for many years, and it was a good month if I sold 2-3 homes.  The paperwork, if done properly, is quite complicated.  Agents can make mistakes that have serious repercussions, if they miss something, or write something that isn't true.  My job was important to me, and I worked very hard to not make mistakes, always be honest, and I resent your comments.  Yes, there are agents who work this way, but those that stay the course have to do a good job.  In CA we don't use attorneys, the agent handles all the paperwork until it goes to a title company.  We deal with lenders, in my case, once, I had to deal with the IRS.  You're maligning many good agents/brokers with your comments.