Respected Contributor

Call out to 'Realtors'..question please...

[ Edited ]

I have a 'Realtor' who has been a 'godsend' to me recently and I would like to give her a special memento for her tireless efforts on my behalf.  Do you have any suggestions as to what would be the most appreciated?  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Call out to 'Realtors'..question please...

@sarahpanda   I would think a gas card would be appreciated, along with a note to her manager on what a terrific job she did.

At least if the person is in California with gas being so expensive and realtors are driving their clients all over the place, a gas card would make sense to me.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I am not a Realtor, but my first instinct says money. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

If she is your realtor, she is already making money from you. There is no need to buy her a gift....even for being good at her job. You could do something really valuable by recommending her to others. Keep your hard earned money. Really. She should, perhaps, buy you a gift as gratitude for your business.

Honored Contributor

Writing to her superiors and giving her good reviews on Zillow and other real estate websites is a good option.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361    The realtor may already have given OP a gift.  

Just because someone is already earning from a transaction doesn't mean the satisfied recipient doesn't want to add a token, but the positive review you suggest is a good addition. 

Esteemed Contributor

A good review, letter of recommendation would be appreciated.  When we closed, our realtor gave us a gift as a housewarming.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

If she is your realtor, she is already making money from you. There is no need to buy her a gift....even for being good at her job. You could do something really valuable by recommending her to others. Keep your hard earned money. Really. She should, perhaps, buy you a gift as gratitude for your business.

@Goldengate8361 @sarahpanda I absolutely agree with you!  You are spot on!  A nice thank you card is appropriate. 

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda What they really want are good referrals for more listings and sales.

Honored Contributor

If you want to treat her, you could give her a gas card as mentioned, house plant, or flowers.

If you have a Fresh Market, a card from there would be very nice.  Everything they have is fantastic!