Honored Contributor

COMPUTER UPDATED ?#!?#!?#

[ Edited ]

My computer (IPAD...Apple) updated itself during the night a few days ago...nothing's been the same since!!! I couldn't get to Forums, Safari took me to Nordstrom, but in Canada, etc.

DH called Apple and they said phones ringing off hook with complaints and they're "working on it". Meanwhile, I'm now using Chrome (?). I have to sign in (email/PW) if I leave this site and come back. Definite PIA. My laptop  which is Microsoft, no issues, but so new hasn't been completely set up yet. DH was midway putting info on it from phone/IPAD...both Apple. He added Dashlane (again?), but supposed to store passwords so don't have to sign in each time. 

Computers are wonderful when they work and not so great when they go down!!! Hopefully, I'm back temporarily on IPAD. Laptop should be finished tonite. Apple stores are closed at mall...not sure just here or nationally so couldn't go there for help. 

What did I miss?

Honored Contributor

Re: COMPUTER UPDATED ?#!?#!?#

I have problems each time i update, i am ignoring this for the last 6 days.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I know nothing about Apple, but I must ask if Apple has "Restore" or something similar.  Restoring the computer back to where it was before the update or the restore removes the update.

Occasionally, after an update on Windows 10, my computer runs slower than a snail.  I do a Restore to fix it; however, Microsoft recognizes I need an update again because I removed it, so they keep hounding me until I let them update. 

Usually, though, others complained about the problem and Microsoft fixed it, so the second update works fine.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I know nothing about Apple, but I must ask if Apple has "Restore" or something similar.  Restoring the computer back to where it was before the update or the restore removes the update.

Occasionally, after an update on Windows 10, my computer runs slower than a snail.  I do a Restore to fix it; however, Microsoft recognizes I need an update again because I removed it, so they keep hounding me until I let them update. 

Usually, though, others complained about the problem and Microsoft fixed it, so the second update works fine.

@Foxxee   We haven't found any way to Restore or go back to before the update...other irate Apple customers have not either. I'm hoping to have an easier time with the Microsoft laptop. SIL is "big wig" in company in Redmond, WA (headquarters). Microsoft moved him there from VA and took my DD far away 😢. He's walking us through set-up. 

Esteemed Contributor

My DH's IPhone updated overnight.He got lucky everything is fine. My son told me not to allow this update.Too many problems.I'm ignoring it.I also turned off automatic updates from DH's phone.

I'm not allowing the update on my iPad.

Can someone who is tech savvy explain to me why Apple  updates are so iffy. Don't they test them before they're released?

Respected Contributor

I updated my iPad last night, and everything is working perfectly this morning...no issues at all.  You might consider turning your iPad off and then back on to see if that helps reset things correctly.  It might not, but it's worth a try if you've not done so already.

Esteemed Contributor

My Kindle (which is what I use) updated overnight, too!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

My DH's IPhone updated overnight.He got lucky everything is fine. My son told me not to allow this update.Too many problems.I'm ignoring it.I also turned off automatic updates from DH's phone.

I'm not allowing the update on my iPad.

Can someone who is tech savvy explain to me why Apple  updates are so iffy. Don't they test them before they're released?

@NicksmomESQ   Great question. I'd love to know. Every update brings issues/problems. Leave well enough alone.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about Apple, hubby uses Apple everything.  He has never mentioned any issues with the upgrades.  He has his work Ipad and his own personal one.  My Acer laptop did an upgrade a month ago and it's been a mess ever since.  Thank heavens my empoyer gave us all new laptops to use for work.  I've been using my Acer Chromebook and my Smartphone for my personal use.  My laptop is old, it's almost 7 years old and it's been a work horse for 6 years because I used it 10 hours a day for work.  I more than got my money out of it and 7 years is ancient for a computer so truly need a new one.  Perfect timing since the shopping channels are selling them as gifts.  

Trusted Contributor

Same problem,updated now I can't find would I want.