Valued Contributor

Re: CLEANING UP FOR CLEANING LADY

I pick up but I don't clean up before she comes.  Two different things.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Ha!  This is a joke right.  I wish I had the problem of having to clean before the cleaning lady got here.  What is the purpose of paying someone to clean your house, if you are going to do it?  Wow!

@Jinlei 

That's hilarious!

Super Contributor

Yes! All of us have the bad habit of not putting things away after we use them! I definitely pick up and put everything away so the cleaning lady can concentrate on what she's there for! đź’—

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  My dh and I had some friends that hired a cleaning lady. These people had two young sons and were not (shall we say) very clean or tidy. The cleaning lady finally quit because she said she spent too much time picking up after the family before she could even clean. Don't blame her. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I call it "preparing the house for the cleaning people"  I try to put myself in their place.  I just like to be considerate of them.   They are hard workers!!Woman Wink

Contributor

From my experiance I would  never have a cleaning lady. I was a cleaning lady a few years ago. I was given a spray cleaner and rags. I was with an experianced cleaning lady. We would clean someones  home- bathrooms, kitchen etc. On to the next house. I asked about needing more clean rags. Nope. We both used the same rags on the 2nd and 3rd house that we used on the first house!! So, someones kitchen may be cleaned with the rag that cleaned someones bathroom earlier that day. Spreading germs!! I quit on the 3rd day.

Honored Contributor

@conniekl wrote:

From my experiance I would  never have a cleaning lady. I was a cleaning lady a few years ago. I was given a spray cleaner and rags. I was with an experianced cleaning lady. We would clean someones  home- bathrooms, kitchen etc. On to the next house. I asked about needing more clean rags. Nope. We both used the same rags on the 2nd and 3rd house that we used on the first house!! So, someones kitchen may be cleaned with the rag that cleaned someones bathroom earlier that day. Spreading germs!! I quit on the 3rd day.

@conniekl   That was a bad, nasty experience. I provide a bucket of clean rags (older washcloths, rags from the paint store, old tees) & all cleaning supplies. Since DH is allergic to cats, I have them use my vacuum so no cat hair can be transferred from theirs. Yes, you do have to be careful. No point paying for a cleaning service and not having a clean house when they leave.