Esteemed Contributor

Re: CLEANING UP FOR CLEANING LADY

Next year I am thinking of hiring a cleaning service for doing what I not longer want to do.

ceiling fans

kitchen and bathroom floors.... I can't get down on my hands and knees anymore and I don't get the corners good..

wipe down cabinets

move and sweep behind some of the furniture

top of the fridge

Giving the kitchen counters and stove a good clean

bathroom good clean

My house is pretty neat , but I need someone to get to the things I can't.

Respected Contributor

My husband works from home and the morning of cleaning people visit, he runs around tidying up especially after our messy teenage daughter.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I have a lot on my plate so wherever it makes sense (and we can afford it) I enlist the help of others for tasks I would have done myself in years past. The cleaning ladies are SO worth it!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the clarifications!

Respected Contributor

I do the same thing, @Shanus .  We have no kids, but I am still "hiding things" before she comes!  My current agency will actually charge if she has to do too much "picking up"!  DH also thinks I am crazy!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Next year I am thinking of hiring a cleaning service for doing what I not longer want to do.

ceiling fans

kitchen and bathroom floors.... I can't get down on my hands and knees anymore and I don't get the corners good..

wipe down cabinets

top of the fridge

bathroom good clean

We don't have a cleaning woman, but if we were to ever get one, that is the type of thing I would have them do as well....I hate cleaning floors and  ceiling fans....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

ceiling fans

wipe down cabinets

top of the fridge

bathroom good clean

We don't have a cleaning woman, but if we were to ever get one, that is the type of thing I would have them do as well....I hate cleaning floors and  ceiling fans....

@CANDLEQUEEN   Few people love crawling on the floor scrubbing baseboards or climbing to clean fans. I did it anyway when we first married, 2 toddlers (one on each hip)  because I had no choice. We couldn't afford household help back then. Now I'm a little "creaky" to do the heavy work.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

ceiling fans

wipe down cabinets

top of the fridge

bathroom good clean

@CANDLEQUEEN   Few people love crawling on the floor scrubbing baseboards or climbing to clean fans. I did it anyway when we first married, 2 toddlers (one on each hip)  because I had no choice. We couldn't afford household help back then. Now I'm a little "creaky" to do the heavy work.  

@Shanus . Actually my husband doesn't mind cleaning at all, so right now he does the floor scrubbing and ceiling fans, and I do the other stuff. We have it down to a science. Our house is also small, so really right now no need-now maybe when we are older we may look into it!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Oh wow! No kids living here, so no toys laying around. I keep my dishes done (or in dishwasher), bathrooms are never disgusting & clothes in the hamper. I have to live here between her twice a month visits. I even vacuum dog hair on alternate weeks. 

The night before she comes, I'm running around making sure everything's tidy for her and the two ladies that clean w/ her. DH walked by and said, "Are you nuts? You DO realize you're cleaning for the cleaning people we're paying to clean."

Anyone else feel obligated to do this? 

I don't have a cleaning lady now, but when I did, yes. I cleaned like a crazy woman the night before she came. I'm not nuts @Shanus and I am sure you aren't either. I think I just didn't want her to think we were dirty people, lol.

Honored Contributor

@happycat   That's a much better way of thinking about it.