Honored Contributor

CEW Night for Cancer & Careers

Many items sold out on the CEW Night Cancer for Careers.  How many bought something?  Did you get your goods yet?  And how was the free-be that we received?  Were you excited about the products you received?

Jane T sold me on the 3 Julep nail colors so that's what I bought.  Was excited to get them and try this brand and the colors that apeared to be really nice/pretty.  Well, I received my packages yesterday, was looking forward to the gift of 5 items, look to see what the were, try them and try the nail colors.

Read reviews online about what was received. I also checked this free gift to see what we would be expecting too.  I was totally disappointed with mine.  Yes, I understand it was 'free'.  They indicated I'd be expecting full sized products too.  I didn't get what was shown though.  I didn't get the lip color, nor did I get the mascara.  Instead I got an itsy bitsy BE mineral veil which I no longer use, 2 of the same trial sized facial washes, a trial sized sparkly body scrub (don't like sparkles) and something else I don't even recall.

I read reviews on the Julep colors - someone said they streak a lot and don't lay on the nails nicely at all.  SO I tried them - the nude color and the soft pink.  The nude went on well, not a bad color but the pale pink was so pale it looked white and it did streak.  I don't do white nail color at all!  And the third one was white.

All in all, I was disappointed with all of it.  Sorry but I just packaged it all up and am returning everything today.  Bummer all the way around.

Super Contributor

Re: CEW Night for Cancer & Careers

I ordered the Laura Geller 3 piece eye set.  It is on waitlist.  Not sure if I will receive the order or the gift set.

Occasional Contributor

I got the Mally lip colors, and I love them! My gift with purchase is nice as well. I got an IT Cosmetics egg-shaped blue sponge which I used this morning, and it is amazing! This is not at item that I would ever buy for myself, so IT just got an "egg" customer. I also got a full-sized Laura Geller eye liner, which I am also wearing today, a tiny BE mineral veil, which I won't use, a weird Algenist moisturizer, which came in gross blob in an unsealed jar, so I won't use it, and last but not least, some Dr. Gross peeling pads, which I'll try over the weekend.

I'm happy.

Valued Contributor

This was for charity.  Even though I do not use many of the product samples and I am not happy with the colors in Givenchy eye shadows, I am keeping them.  I would never return the order.  I might give an other to someone, but not return it as it was for a cause, especially helping people with cancer.

Occasional Contributor

I purchased the Tarte Eye Shadow and cannot wait to try, they are beautiful.  I did get the freebie with my purchase, and though they mentioned 2 full size products and smaller sizes all worth $83.00 it definitely isnt.  That said, I was so happy to be able to make a donation in this manner and that QVC/Beauty IQ are proud presenters it just makes my day!   I loved getting the free gift with purchase.  I hope that the Q raised more money than they anticipated!  Congrats to all that work at the Q, Best wishes to all of the warriors battling Cancer, To all who strive to get rid of this disease and of course in loving memory of all that have passed.  Keep doing what your doing Q in helping to find a CURE!

Honored Contributor

I gather all this merchandise is donated, so I think QVC can come up with less than retail prices.  I've had issues with the free gift running out in the past.  I no longer participate in this promotion, charity or not.  I do try to do the Ffany sale and the Ovarian Cancer function in the dripping heat of August.