Honored Contributor

Re: Buying Your Own Holiday Gift! Do you? What Was Your Gift?

We are overfull with hardback books, and have a rule to purchase only Kendal unless it is a very special book.

I gifted myself with a book I’ve been wanting for a while - hardback.

Happy Holidays to all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Not yet.  I have my eye on a tote on the I Love Dooney site.  If it goes down to a low enough price I think I will buy it for myself.  I have bought very little since the shutdown last March.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I do. I also buy birthday, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Memorial Day, Fourth of July  and my ex-wedding anniversary day gifts, too...............

This year I bought myself the eterna gold paperclip bracelet for Christmas............wonder what I'll surprise myself with for New Year's?    Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I buy things a lot. Last week, I had 2 game cameras delivered, and my ninja foodi airfryer, so those are my presents.

I love my dh. I don't love the gifts he has given me. I don't think he means to irritate me or tick me off, but it seems to happen. And he picks out what he wants to, if I picked out his gifts, he wouldn't be thrilled either. Clothes, I could get for him, anything else, not so much.

We are both happier this way. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am the primary gift purchaser in my family.  Usually I do a good job:  DH got two Echo Studio speakers and two Pendleton wool shirts. Our son at home got latest Echo and Sennheiser headphones, Albuquerque son got $400 Amazon gift card and I got American West coral charm necklace and a Naja ( all bought by me, all very well received by recipients).  Was a generous Christmas because we paid off our mortgage ( lots more free cash ).

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

wonder what I'll surprise myself with for New Year's?    Smiley Wink

My surprise to "Moi" for New Year's.....

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at Sat, Dec 26, 2020-10.21.58 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

This is the first year I bought a holiday gift for myself because this was a unique and crazy year without vacations or other fun activities!!

But no, I did not wrap it...

Super Contributor

I buy a few things I like throughout the year and give them to my husband to stash away, and then give to me for Christmas. Usually I forget what I bought and am surprised when I open them. He is not the best at picking out presents and this way it saves him time and I am sure to like what I get. This year I got a cute yard art turtle and a metal sunflower for outside that I picked up last spring or summer and had forgotten about. I also got some goat soap that I had picked out a few months ago but had forgotten about. 

Trusted Contributor

Just read all of your replies. You're giving me gift ideas I may want to put on my next wish list! I wonder how many empty boxes from gifts shipped will be in all of our recycling bins next week! I must add that I am on a mission to give away or donate at least one item each day, trying to only have things that we actually use and enjoy.

Respected Contributor

I bought myself a Martha Stewart lap blanket. It keeps me warm while I watch TV or read. I had a cotton lap blanket, but it wasn't warm enough.This new blanket is soft, light and perfect.