Respected Contributor

Re: Busy, Busy at the Bird's Nest - June 2019

Hail can be almost boulder size - nasty stuff for sure. Lived so many different places have seen it all I guess. It sure can tear up things. Every now and then coming home from work in Palm Springs the weather in that area was often weird, to say the least. When the hail started, and if often did, I was terrified as it can tear up a car quickly. I have had a couple of broken windshields due to that stuff. Not pleasant at all.

Another overcast, chilly and not nice morning. June Gloom is upon us for sure. Do not like it and soon you will hear me complaining about the heat. What can I say.

Will go out in a while to check the feeders - AGAIN. Those birds are eating like crazy.

Hope one and all have a great day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday

Honored Contributor

Hello, we had nice, sunny, breezy weather this morning.  Perfect conditions for me to get on the first floor roof (above family room) and seal the chimney crown for the family room fireplace.

I took the little giant ladder, set it up and then said, naw I'm scared.  I'm lucky that there is an upstairs bedroom that has a window that looks over the family room roof and that's what I used to get on the roof.

I don't like heights and I sat down and scooted on my behind to get to the chimney.  I did have to stand at one point because I had 4 side of the chimney crown to seal.

I followed the directions, applied a thin coat and waited for it to feel tacky and then applied a thicker coat.  It's done and I hope it works as well as described in the glowing reviews. 

Should you need it, it's called Chimney RX Brushable Crown Repair.  I had a paintbrush I could afford to pitch afterwards and got the product for $55 (total cost) via a seller on Amazon.   I prayed my way through it (not joking) and saved over $300 when compared to what a chimney sweep would have charged to do the job.

Chimney RX Brushable Crown Repair Elastomeric Sealant

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Picture0002 (400x240).jpg

I know sometimes when I describe how my house is laid out, it's confusing.  It's a 2 story with a one story family room.  The attached garage is long and between the garage and the family room, I have a somewhat private patio.

I haven't seen the groundhog since Friday and I'm getting concerned.  The lady next door hates that Gerry is also burrowing under her patio and I wouldn't put it past her to hurt Gerry to spite me.

Honored Contributor

Flooding Mississippi near the Riverfront in St. Louis.  

Image may contain: sky, beach, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

The Mississippi River aka "Mississippi Ocean",  near my home.   The land to the right of the farms is part of Riverlands Wildlife Preserve.   I am wondering where all the land critters are able to find dry land or refuge from the waters. Cat Sad 

We have more rain forecast for tonight and for a few more days this week.  

Honored Contributor

Never seen a dove like bird shelter its youngens like that.  Interesting...

3ae92d27f7405685424218514b7e6856.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh no @possummink   It's heartbreaking.