Respected Contributor

Yesterday I broke my left forearm! I've never broken a limb before and it's taking 2 days to see an Orthopedic... good thing physician immobilized it in this Velcro air cast-uncomfortable because it wraps around my thumb.

it was a freak accident. I'm in a condo and it has these auto door closers. This one caught the back of my backless shoe as I was walking out the door. I fell right into a brick wall and concrete stairs. The door closer should not be closing that fast and I advised HOA. Yes, I could sue but I'm not going through all that, I should heal up just fine.

Im trying to find clothes that are easy to put on. Tops, no problem and thank goodness for those DG2 knit leggings I'm living in. I need some dresses I think... that would be easy? Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar   So sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I like the full loose dresses they call loungers;I call them mumus which dates me I know.  They're a cinch to pull over your head and are very cool too.   Hope your recovery is swift, although it's bound to be an inconvenience.  Can you get a bra on? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Yesterday I broke my left forearm! I've never broken a limb before and it's taking 2 days to see an Orthopedic... good thing physician immobilized it in this Velcro air cast-uncomfortable because it wraps around my thumb.

it was a freak accident. I'm in a condo and it has these auto door closers. This one caught the back of my backless shoe as I was walking out the door. I fell right into a brick wall and concrete stairs. The door closer should not be closing that fast and I advised HOA. Yes, I could sue but I'm not going through all that, I should heal up just fine.

Im trying to find clothes that are easy to put on. Tops, no problem and thank goodness for those DG2 knit leggings I'm living in. I need some dresses I think... that would be easy? Any suggestions?

Keep ice on it so it does not swell up. I broke my wrist a couple of years ago and had to wait a week to see the doctor. I wrapped it and kept icing it. The ice kept it from swelling up and it healed quickly because of that and was not painful.

Respected Contributor

@Mustang Shar , what a bummer!  I hope you get looked after soon.  I broke my foot.  On crutches for too long.  It makes everything harder.  Did you report the mishap to building management?  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  S

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mustang Shar   So sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I like the full loose dresses they call loungers;I call them mumus which dates me I know.  They're a cinch to pull over your head and are very cool too.   Hope your recovery is swift, although it's bound to be an inconvenience.  Can you get a bra on? 

Thank you! Nope, no way for bra but not a problem for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Mustang Shar , what a bummer!  I hope you get looked after soon.  I broke my foot.  On crutches for too long.  It makes everything harder.  Did you report the mishap to building management?  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  S

Broken foot has got to be wicked!!! Ow!

im on the HOA Board and I sure did report it LOL. They are going to send someone out to look see if it needs adjustments. I think I will forego using the door and enter through my garage instead

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Broke my arm

[ Edited ]

Oh my, @Mustang Shar !  Just going about your day and suddenly the arm is broken.  Sounds like you must be right-handed, thankfully.

I love this (I have three) :

https://www.qvc.com/Stan-Herman-Paris-Garden-Brushed-Cozy-Jersey-Caftan.product.A373447.html?sc=PROD...

Unfortunately I see it is out of stock but Stan's got a couple of new ones listed here at QVC that might suit.  Miles Kimball.com also has some traditional caftan-like things at reasonable prices.

Good luck!  That I'm aware of, I've never broken a limb either (except for the hip replacement, and that was intentional).

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

That's terrible what happened!  Praying for your speedy recovery. 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about your accident. Happy to hear it will be an uneventful recovery...... OUCH.

Honored Contributor

Re: Broke my arm

[ Edited ]

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Mustang Shar   Oh Geeez, a freak accident, but painful just the same. I injured my rotator cuff during the year and COVID or not, had to go to PE masked and sanitized. Clothing issues: I could hook my bras in front and spin them around...eventually ordered a front hook bra. I didn't bother wearing one at home. I found the easiest tops to wear were ones that button up the front instead of having to raise my arm to get it through a pull over top...and YOU must have some kind of cast. Many times I wore DH's shirts tied at the waist...a stylish look for going out. 

I hope you heal quickly. Heart