Honored Contributor

Re: Bridal Shower Registry

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

Bridal showers are for her friends, people around her age. Some of the gifts are very personal and would embarrass the older folks.

Bridal showers are for everyone. Do people still give tacky showers? I have never given, or attended one.

@mom2four0418  One of my parents neighbors had a bridal shower for me before I was married. This was in 1967. Received items for household and it wasn't tacky. I guess different areas of the country do things differently.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

Bridal showers are for her friends, people around her age. Some of the gifts are very personal and would embarrass the older folks.

Bridal showers are for everyone. Do people still give tacky showers? I have never given, or attended one.

@mom2four0418  One of my parents neighbors had a bridal shower for me before I was married. This was in 1967. Received items for household and it wasn't tacky. I guess different areas of the country do things differently.

I had the same type of shower that you did. It was lovely and classy!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Yes, bridal and wedding registries have been around for decades.  We were married in 1981 and registered way back then. Guests purchased off the registry for both the shower and the wedding gift, while some guests gave wedding cash/check as their gift.  But just because you gave one gift to the shower you don't give a wedding gift, uh that would be a No for me. I give to both. ( East coast)