Trusted Contributor

Re: Boy, did I make a mistake!

Frankly, once you find and see what you want to see, do you really need to do it over and over? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES!

I've seen a galaxy (I can't remember which one it is) that has always just looked like a smudge in the sky. I finally saw it through his telescope and I nearly fainted dead away. It's just...heavenly. Rather than being a smudge of light, it's a glorious, shining, glowing collection of stars. I can't wait to see it again. And there's lots of other objects I got a glimpse of that I want to see again.

Honored Contributor

@Come on @FuzzyFace, you gave him a gift he apparently loves. I think that it is great you can get away from the city lights and he can enjoy the wonders above. There's a silver lining somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it was very thoughtful and I bet he finds a way to use it.....

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace, I wouldn't have known that either.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips

Ebay????

Respected Contributor

You tried. Maybe you can trade it in for a stronger one, and find someone that has experience to help you two.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Puppy Lips

Ebay????

Oh gosh, I could never get rid of it.  His girlfriend would be crushed.  I just have to store it until he graduates college and moves out.  Then it will go with him.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Don't see it as a mistake. 

See it as an opportunity to get out and travel together, if possible, and experience the wonder of the heavens.