Honored Contributor

Bought new tires from Walmart

I needed all 4 tires replaced so I bought them from my Walmart dot com b/c they have really good prices for tires. So after I made my purchase I called their auto care center to make an appt to have them put my new tires on my car. BUT the auto care man told me he didn't have anyone there to do the job!Smiley Surprised He told me to call back next week and see if by then there will be someone there to help me. SMH!

Maybe I should cancel my order and take my business elsewhere...but who knows, they could be having the same issues.Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Re: Bought new tires from Walmart

@SilleeMee I'd try some places that sell tires.  Might as well and also ask that they match the price.  If Walmart can't get people you don't know who they will get to put the tires on.

Maybe the tire places have people with more experience. You would hope!  Good luck! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought my last set from Walmart because of price and took them to my local mechanic for installation. It's the best of both worlds. This mechanic picks up my car at my house and brings it back at no cost (besides being highly skilled and ethical).  

The day after the installation I had pizza delivered to his shop for lunch.

****I had the tires shipped to my house and learned that tires are not boxed or bagged for shipment. The Fedex driver rolled them to my door.Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

I just called two other tire stores for prices and it's out of the question for me to do business with either of them. Their tire prices are too high plus they charge almost double the price to have them mounted. Forget that. I'll just have to wait it out. Good thing my old tires are okay for now.

Trusted Contributor

We purchase our tires at Costco and have been very pleased.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We always get our tires from Sam's Club and we get the installation package that includes free tire repair and rotation.

The only caveat where we are is to avoid two particular places like the plague:  VIP and Town Fair Tires (or Town Fair Liars, as we know them).

A friend had her wheel ruined at a local VIP.  And sadly, DH and I have personal experience with Town Fair Liars - ruined 4 perfectly good tires that only had several hundred miles on them (during seasonal changeover) and we're sure it was deliberate.  (Slashes inside the tires.)

Their ads tell you their prices include everything for as long as you have the tires, but it's pure lies.  And when you argue with them...let's just say there are a lot of complaints online.  They cost us around $700.  I warn everyone I know about them.  They're unethical.  Never again.

Good luck finding someone.

Respected Contributor

I've always found WM to be the cheapest place to purchase tires. I haven't bought any since before Covid, but I used to price online then go into the store to order them/make appointment. WM sells all prices and brands of tires. My local WM does an excellent job of installation. I've also used them for my oil changes with no issue at all. I realize a lot of it depends on the employees in the department, but i am blessed.

Honored Contributor

There is a Costco and also a Sam's Club here. I don't belong to either b/c I don't buy enough stuff to justify purchasing a membership. It's just me here. Walmart seems to have the best price for the tires I need...even better than Costco or Sam's. So I'll just have to get-r-dun later and hope they do the job right at Walmart.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always bought tires at the shop that services my van but recently to save went to ********* to take advantage of a big sale. Yesterday took my van to the shop for an oil change & an overall check, they discovered that 1 tire only had 3 lug bolts & several lugs on the other 3 tires were damaged or loose, the cost to fix was $185.+ & the shop owner gave me a substantial discount because my van was unsafe to drive...good grief, the tires could've flown off. I learned a lesson, inspect your tires before you leave & know the business you're dealing with....get referrals, that's how I found the shop I use.

Honored Contributor

One time I bought tires from a big tire retailer. I won't mention their name. But what they did made me not want to go back to them ever again. I went there to buy 4 tires, mounted and balanced. When I picked up my car and drove it off their lot, my car shook and shimmied all over the place. I pulled over, looked at my tires and noticed there were three different kinds of tires put on my car!. I couldn't believe it. You betcha I went back to set things straight and they gave me a better deal for less money.