Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Evans and Olive Garden - Home Delivery - Good Report

I love both those places.  But, until this is lifted, I'll wait.  I don't know who prepares or who delivers right about now, so I'll wait. That scares me.

Honored Contributor

We have been hesitant to order in food also but we finally did and when you reheat everything it can and will kill any virus or bacteria that may be present, we ordered from a place we trust twice. I avoid ordering anything served cold like salads or cold sandwiches.
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

OH

I wish I had a Cracker Barrel near me. The nearest one is over one hour away and that is a long drive for me right now.

It took quite a few years before we got a Cracker Barrel near us. And another few years before we could get seated without waiting over an hour.

Honored Contributor

Do you all just have franchise restaurants? I'm surely not supported them. I won't help them with their mansions and jets. I'm supporting my local businesses that really need my help. I personally know the owners and their kids. Much rather help them.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Why would you take out from IHOP? I would just make pancakes at home. We have some very good options here (not chains!)- I can't eat at Olive Garden. 

I do get a little nervous with take-out but I think it's important to help these restaurants. 

Honored Contributor

Probably runs 50-100 bucks or so. My husband would not go along with and not pay for it.   Be a luxury for us we're not well heeled.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I love both those places.  But, until this is lifted, I'll wait.  I don't know who prepares or who delivers right about now, so I'll wait. That scares me.

----------------

My DD and I were discussing take out food.  I told her that I was concerned about the 'who' is cooking or

preparing the orders. 

Her answer was ...but mom, you don't know who is cooking/preparing when you go to the actual location either!!!  Hmmm...good point!  Still have not ordered, but do consider it every so often...