Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says '“ー” BIRTH FLOWERS: 聲 May'

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Skies Ahead

[ Edited ]

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@Sassy7356  & all: How true this is!

Today the brick mason was supposed to be here by 2. That was fine because I wanted to go to Kohl's with a coupon. I bought a pair of Aesics walking shoes $15 off plus a $10 coupon to use later. That's all I found . 
   I was home by 1:30 and sent the brick mason a text saying I was home. Late lunch then a short walk. It's 3:40, beautiful day and no worker. 
   He plans to bring a lift tomorrow about 1 to do the chimney. So maybe he's finishing the other job he was on.

Then the power washing guy called saying he had a cancellation or tomorrow. I explained "as slow as the brick guy is it will be at least a week and must be done no earlier  than 10 days before painting. "

But it isn't a Donkey Butt & Poison  Ivy day because I'd be here anyway. And the patio furniture is drying in the sun.

The bluebirds are still going in their house in the window box, maybe if it's later they will fly away.  Edited: The brick mason just came and thanked me for my patience!

🫏  🌱🍃  🏡 🪺 🪶🌷

Honored Contributor

May be a doodle

Hi My Friends,  I hope all of you are having a lovely first day of May.  Wow, these months are just speeding by for me.  

I have been doing ok, for the most part.  Some nights the leg pain is pretty bad so I just sit up and sleep that way.  Can't understand why it's painful when you lay down as there's no weight or strain on muscles in thigh or on knees.  I get to go to the doctor next week for a shot in my right hip and hope I can get one in the left hip too as it's now as bad as the right one.  Knees????.  Back??????  Tramadol doesn't seem to help so I just stopped taking it.  No pain meds right now.  

I got my neighbors grass and all of my yards cut yesterday.  Took almost 21/2 hours but it's done now for hopefully 2 weeks. My tractor still has gas left in it's tank.  Wish my car could get that kind of mileage.

We've gotten a lot of rain, over 5 inches in my rain gauge since Friday.  Such scary awful weather all  over.   We may have more storms and rain headed this way.  I hope all of you have been safe and sound with this wild weather affecting so much of the country.  

My mock orange, hollies, columbines, peonies have been blooming and the air smells so sweet.  My big tulip trees are ready to bloom, and am hoping the Grandiflora Magnolia is blooming soon.  The dogwoods and redbuds were just glorious to see.  So beautiful.

My family is doing pretty well,  keeping busy and growing.  My 4th great grandchild is due in 2 weeks.  And a great niece or nephew is due in October.  Kiwi is almost ready for "kindergarten graduation", next fall he'll be in first grade and Trenton in kindergarten.  Riverlynn is talking, teething and just a joy.  She's walking a bit, but still likes to hold on to things.  Her aunt Jessica took her to a park today for swinging.  She loves that!!

Need to close as my back is fussing a bit.  Got on computer today, first time in a while,  to pay bills and have been on here for 2 hours, it's slow going for some reason.  

Enjoy the rest of you first day of May and be safe.  Love y'all!  🥰🌻💐🌿🌳🌞🐦🐈🐶💖

Honored Contributor

May be an image of scorpion grass and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'I pray for May to bring peace, prosperity good health, happiness and success to my family, Kaly's Treehouse my friends and everyone who reads this. I wish A Very Blessed New Month To All and, I'm Praying For Peace In The World. Amen!'

Honored Contributor

May be a doodle of text

Esteemed Contributor

@AnikaBrodie   Alfie is a very loved dog, he's lucky to have such nice dog parents. Our pups have us well trained I think!  They're our kids who never grow up. 

Snickers just came to tell me the brick mason is finally here and is finishing cutting the front steps. Snickers is sitting at the front door sidelight,(her favorite place) wagging her stumpy tail at him. 
   He has a chihuahua, cattle dog mix small dog. 
He thanked me for being patient because he was several hours late. Work takes time, I understand . 
            🐶  🐕‍🦺 ❤️🖤

Honored Contributor
10 Wonderful Good Evening Images | Good evening, Good evening wishes, Good  evening messages

Respected Contributor

Hi all, 

Rainy weather still, large hail possible again. Today was a good day though....I felt rested, no joint problems and no stomach issues so I scrubbed floors, did laundry, and tried on clothes and got four or five bags to give to goodwill. I'll let all my great nieces pick through them first, sometimes they find things that they like. Bijou is wandering around the house and staying out of trouble for the most part.....caught him chewing on some slip in Skechers in the closet while I was going in and out of it. Otherwise he whined twice and I took him outside to do his job so hopefully we're on the right path. Tomorrow he has his first grooming appointment, my vet suggested I get him started early. I'll worry about him but I love my groomer who took good care when grooming Willow previously. My vet likes her too. Well, need to get busy again, it is great when you "feel" good. 

Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

Hi all, 

Rainy weather still, large hail possible again. Today was a good day though....I felt rested, no joint problems and no stomach issues so I scrubbed floors, did laundry, and tried on clothes and got four or five bags to give to goodwill. I'll let all my great nieces pick through them first, sometimes they find things that they like. Bijou is wandering around the house and staying out of trouble for the most part.....caught him chewing on some slip in Skechers in the closet while I was going in and out of it. Otherwise he whined twice and I took him outside to do his job so hopefully we're on the right path. Tomorrow he has his first grooming appointment, my vet suggested I get him started early. I'll worry about him but I love my groomer who took good care when grooming Willow previously. My vet likes her too. Well, need to get busy again, it is great when you "feel" good. 

@hullie  I agree, "it is great when you feel good."

Yesterday was a great day, slept the night before, and no pain so I forgot to put on the knee and back braces, got a lot done around here.

I also agree re having a dog groomed at a young age, it eliminates issues.  Bijou sounds like a very smart and darling puppy. Smiley Happy