Honored Contributor

Blizzard warning from midnight tonight to 6am Sunday morning.  Predicting 18 to 34 inches of snow.  Coastal flooding, arctic wind blasts etc etc.  Fingers crossed that we don't lose power but I'm charging up all of those chargeable light bulbs and the tablets and readers and  laptops.  My niece is at the grocery store picking up things we might need.  Hubby is going to drive his car to our daughters house and park it in her garage until everything is shoveled and plowed.  We don't have assigned parking here, my niece and I will keep our cars parked in front of the building so shoveling them out will be easier.  Will probably make bake some cookies and a big pan of lasagna.  Fun times....

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree I hope you weather the storm with no problems. It sounds like you all are getting as prepared as possible. Stay safe and warm. We will be thinking about you.

Honored Contributor

Everybody,

Check in when you can, in New Jersey looks like 18 inches plus!
Good Morning Happy Friday Stay Warm

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree   Where do you live? Sounds awful, hope you have a snowblower.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blizzard warning!

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 wrote:

@chrystaltree   Where do you live? Sounds awful, hope you have a snowblower.

We are a little south of Boston.  We're in a condo so we don't need a snow blower.  They take care of the  steps,walkways and the parking lots.  We just shovel our cars out and  hubby shovels the steps if they don't get to it quickly.  I'm a native Boston so while I hate snow and cold now 😤 it's not that bad, I can deal with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree I'm right here in RI !!   Woohoo, it's going to be "wicked" !!!     LOL  Smiley Happy  

I'm cooking a whole chicken in the oven tonight so we will have it for sandwiches or fajitas tomorrow in case we lose the power.  I can still cook stove top as I have a gas stove.  I'm happy we are in a condo now too, wouldn't want to be dealing with shoveling, though my poor kids have to shovel at their house but they do own a snowblower.

Bring it on mother nature.

Honored Contributor

Those on the East Coast-stay safe and take care! Hope it won't be too bad for you all...I am in the Midwest and so far we have only had one snowstorm! Very unusual for us! 

Trusted Contributor

I'm about eight miles south of Pittsburgh and we're supposed to get 1-3 inches. That's down from what they were forecasting earlier in the week. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.❄️

Honored Contributor

Central NC, 2 - 5 inches

Temp 16 tonight, not above freezing again until next Friday.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Central NC, 2 - 5 inches

Temp 16 tonight, not above freezing again until next Friday.

Ouch! That sounds mighty uncomfortable. Cold weather and I do not do well together. I hope you have plenty of warm beverages and covers for keeping feet defrosted.