Honored Contributor

Like the Black November thing.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1@Allegheny@chrystaltree@ECBG@VaBelle35

SPA DAY HERE!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

The finance channel, and local stations too, are at the malls to cover black Friday.  No appeal to me - I'll give gift cards for Christmas and have purchased five small gifts for my husband. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1@Allegheny@chrystaltree@ECBG@VaBelle35

SPA DAY HERE!

Ha!  I'm going to Red Door for all things hair today.

I'll be lounging and reading magazines all afternoon.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Samsung 8Plus! Half off..came home with me. Woohoo!!!

Honored Contributor

My sister and I have shopped on Black Friday every year since the 70’s. We even went today, with my “needs surgery knee”. I only stayed for 3 stops and then came home to rest my knee. I was disappointed I couldn’t make it to lunch time as we always eat lunch out on Black Friday. 

We we met at 7:30 which is about 45 minutes later than we usually meet. And this year, we didn’t go to the mall. Neither of us needed anything at the mall and I didn’t think my knee could handle the mall. 

So, our tradition continues, even if I only lasted a few hours. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

My husband and our daughter go together every year.

It's their "thing" and she wouldn't miss it for the world.  I think she could live across country and she would come home to go out early on Black Friday morning with him.

They have said it's not the same anymore though because of the stores opening on Thanksgiving Day.

I don't go.  

Trusted Contributor

One has to be a night owl to be able to handle that!   I don't think I could have done that when I was very young! 

I have always been more of a lark!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

CrazyDaisy wrote:

Heading out soon....

Going out for 3 items, know what the prices are normally and that they are a really good deal.  Items are seldom on sale and will be saving about $80.  Well worth the trip.

@CrazyDaisy, I hope you were able to get your items and perhaps a few other surprises - nice savings!

I live in a rural area and I was rather tempted to drive down the hill and go into town(s).

It would only be for the fabric stores and art supply stores, but I think I'll wait until later and use the coupons I get in the mail & on-line.

I usually go shopping with my daughter #1, help her and keep watch on her cart, but this year she, her husband and my GD went camping.

~~

I was sick yesterday and couldn't attend our family gathering, so I did some necessary shopping on-line.

I'm feeling so much better today, so I'm working on some Thank You cards (pop-up style) my daughter asked me to create.

~~

However, I will shop on Saturday, to support our local stores with the "Shop the Small Business" event and get a few things.  Usually necessary items - garden hoses etc. and get my cat, Boots, claws clipped ... nothing big.

~~

Hope you had a good day.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

So sorry about your knee! Is it still just as sore today?

Crummy when that kind of thing “cramps your style.”

@Sweet_Serenity

Tell how you like your new phone!

@VaBelle35

Enjoy your day of pampering!

@CelticCrafter

The tradition for your DH and DD is so sweet! I hope they had fun. Our DD used to go on a little walk after dinner every night to get candy from the store around the corner.  They still have “sweet” memories of that experience.

@mzlg

Glad you are feeling better and EVEN doing cards!

It sounds like many posting right here may have foregone any very early BF parties!

I was encouraged to go to the spa today because their services came at a much reduced price! Thought it would be a mad-house and jam packed, but it was sane! Put in a few raffle tickets for baskets of goodies they were offering. The name of my polish choice today: OPI “Taupe-less Beach!” Oh! It is a gray color.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~