Honored Contributor

People that do Black Friday amuse me.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1, because????  

I'm getting outta town!  I don't like BF.  

Valued Contributor

I've never done Black Friday.  People who go out at 2 am to be first in line are way more ambitious than I've ever been regarding Christmas shopping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Black Friday

[ Edited ]

Not my cup of tea. One can shop on-line for many BF deals.

Respected Contributor

I just can't do it ....

Honored Contributor

I don't do Black Friday either.  The only way I've even seen an advantage might be a store like Best Buy.  They'll have maybe 5 of a very expensive item, like the newest electronic for an unreal price.  Good luck with that!

I've been in retail and the "special buys" are usually items that are less expensive and brought in for the sale.  If you really look, the lowest quality is what is usually discounted. "Pleather" (do people use that term any longer?) boots that fall apart after one season.

With the exception of clearance, stores will configure the sales and coupons so the price won't go below a certain mark.  I've seen this "dance" for years.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG i saw a pair of shoes that other day that were "Vegan Leather."  I guess that's the new term for pleather.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's traditionally the biggest shopping day of the year & stores have hired over 500,00 seasonal workers. Sales are a big win for the shoppers, workers & the ecomony so hope everyone going enjoys themselves & finds what they're looking for. What's to laugh about? Everyone benefits as wealth grows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1

I’ve never gone for the big advertised deals but, years ago, I’d take my list and get most of my shopping done on Black Friday. I enjoyed the hustle-bustle, the people, the decorations. I always treated myself to lunch out. 

These days, I do all of almost all of my holiday shopping online. I like being able to compare prices, read reviews, and not have to leave the house. 

I find the extended Black Friday sales - now going on for days or all week - stressful. I feel like I should be shopping for good deals but I don’t have 24/7 to spend looking. I end up shopping and buying fewer things instead of more.

Esteemed Contributor

Heading out soon....

Going out for 3 items, know what the prices are normally and that they are a really good deal.  Items are seldom on sale and will be saving about $80.  Well worth the trip.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.