Honored Contributor

I have been in retail since retiring from teaching in 2010.  

People can be SO very kind and it is very refreshing!  I have a lot of fun helping people find what they want.

I love the grandparents talking about visiting and what they want to get their family members.

It's the story behind the American of growth, love, and hope for the future.

Each new story I hear is another blessing and it fills my heart!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

TV keeps saying Covid numbers are going up, stores are not policing the mask mandate and sales help is awful. With violance everywhere I shop online or not at all. Crowds are just not safe.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

No issue here, it's pretty calm.😄

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@nana59 I don't mean knowing what to buy ... just the whole pressure to buy thing in general.  I don't even have any gifts to buy, I just give my son and daughter money.   That's all I have to buy for.  

@rms1954 Are you talking about buying all the time or just Black Friday?

No, I'm not a Black Friday big deal person.  I have never been out to the stores on the day.  I do shop online, but it would be for something I'm looking for a deal on, so no deal no pressure.  

Take a breath and enjoy the day.  It's usually not a huge deal you get anyway!  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

It seems like Black Friday has been going on for weeks now so I think less crowding, shoving and lines when the Real Black Friday happens. I think it is less apparent to rush.

I am picking up some meat specials  at a local supermarket and my local gas station and car wash offers five dollars off of their car wash punch card. I use them and have them on hand for gifts for men and women. That's it!  I bill to ship to for gifts.

Honored Contributor

No---my shopping is done--has been for weeks now--never go anywhere on that Friday--hate the crowds and am still very careful of covid----don't watch much of the shopping channels either and I delete the emails----after working for 20 years in retail, don't get overwhelmed anymore--I'm retired---Woman Very Happy