Re: Bird's Nest for October 2022

May be an image of nature

Honored Contributor

May be an image of nature

Cotton field in Tennessee

Honored Contributor

May be an image of child and text that says 'Bonne Nuit Good Night Posted by Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Wednesday. Sweet SweetVidieria Victeria.'

My granddaughter, her husband, two boys, two dogs and one rescue kitty are just about home, back in Missouri after living in Washington state since January.  He is now back in civilian life and will be heading to VA for training in a new job.   It's been a long hectic drive for them,  especially in his truck and Jillian expecting their 3rd child later this winter.  They've been on the road since Sunday and as of an hour or so ago, in Nebraska, near the Missouri border.    🍁🚗🐶🐈🌜

It's been downright chilly here in the St. Louis area,  lows in the low 40ies some nights and highs around low 70ies.   I am back in my Autumn/Winter 'uniform'  ~~~ sweatshirts over waffle knit henleys and jeans.  Still cold here in the house as I am trying not to turn on the furnace due to cost of fuel oil and it being so early in the season.   Will have a chance of frost on Friday night.  Love cool to cold weather, but not so soon and all at once. 

Take good care, be safe and well.   

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Is your ground hog still living under the porch?   I haven't seen Piggy or the little one for several weeks.  

Honored Contributor

hello all

really nothing new to report

just got back in from trash day curb pick up of trash cans back on patio ready for next week

we are at 4 inch of rain from Ian

still damp,still a chill

think i saw a hint of sun for 3 seconds this morn,

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

@possummink   I've not seen the groundhog since I posted pictures of it reclining on my front porch back in August (I think).  Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter and her family on the arrival of a new baby.  It sounds like she and her hubs worked it all out and I am glad they will be living near family soon.  It's usually a good thing especially with a baby on the way Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@viva923   4 inches of rain is of alotta rain Viva.  After a while the ground has a hard time drinking it in.

Respected Contributor

Greetings to Everyone~~

Well, another fun filled day here. I wonder what it would feel like to have one day without stress and hectic hoopla. lol

Spent the morning with DH at the dentist, thank goodness all is well there. "Ran" over to the clinic to get the orders straight for DH's cpap supplies.. Still no call from the Clinic's Store. Oh, and I use the word" ran" very loosely. lol

I had to call the billing dept at the clinic as they have a new system now and it's a royal pain in my babushka. At least I got that straightened out. ( I hope anyway)

Then I got  the mail and my credit card bill was there so I checked it and was ready to pay until I seen a charge I didn't recognize. Not a large amount, but I couldn't find anything posted for that amount in my records.. grrrr. Called the vendor and found out it was a charge for return postage. It would be nice if they would reference what these charges are. I must have spent 30-40 minutes looking for it and then finally gave up and called. I only had to wait on hold for 17 minutes.. That's how my day is flying... How bout yours?

Congratulations @Epicurean  on the new baby coming. I don't envy that drive they are doing, but soon they will be home Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much here

got to see stars this morn when i got up at 430am, SUN IS OUT , windows open airing out the house.

not much else going on. did normal chores,morn walk

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   It's Mary Kay aka @possummink  expecting the new baby in the family.