Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for October 2022

What a handsome hummingbird @mousiegirl 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Yesterday was a nice day. It was our daughter's birthday,and they were here for dinner. Hubby and 

I both felt like we were co Ming down with colds. He went to grocery store this morning and got some COVID test kits,lthey gave him 18! Guess they can't get rid of them. He tested positive,will retest in a few days to be sure. I might do one tomorrow,at this point it's almost a given that I'm also positive. I just have a runny nose,as he as a mild cough also.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

Sorry to hear your DH tested positive. I guess it tis the season for flu and virus's again. I know I will be wearing my mask to more places now that this season is basically in full force now. At least that's what is happening in our area. I got my flu vaccine on Saturday. Plus I got my booster about 2 weeks ago. My DH can't get in to get his until next week. I dread winter.

@Epicurean wrote:

Yesterday was a nice day. It was our daughter's birthday,and they were here for dinner. Hubby and 

I both felt like we were co Ming down with colds. He went to grocery store this morning and got some COVID test kits,lthey gave him 18! Guess they can't get rid of them. He tested positive,will retest in a few days to be sure. I might do one tomorrow,at this point it's almost a given that I'm also positive. I just have a runny nose,as he as a mild cough also.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I'm sorry to read that your husband is covid positive.  It's getting harder and harder to dodge this thing.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all not to much going on here

coolish day with full sunshine.have clothes to fold.

have to call apple, i tried to resend a message to dh i got in my emails this morn somehow i got it stuck and can't figure out how to unstick it. i don't want to mess it up anymore than what i have done

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean 

Hope your DH's case is a mild one.  And yours too, if you have it.

So far this season my sister's SO got it after they got home from a cruise (he's in his 80s).  My sister (also in her 80s) never did get it.  They went on the cruise before the bivalent boosters were available.  He had a mild case, mainly just sniffles.  

A niece tested positive a week or so ago.  She's a schoolteacher, so I guess that's not really surprising.  From what I've heard she also has a mild case.

I had my bivalent booster just this morning, but I think most of us will end up getting some variation of it sooner or later.

Trusted Contributor

geezerette,I think your correct.it probably true that most of us will develop a mild case. Of course I tested positive. I only have the sniffles with a slight headache and am very physically tired. But I'm OK ,got 3 bathrooms cleaned today. Just so thankful that we got out shots and boosters.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar Octobre'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'a WOMAN is like a tea bag; you can't tell how STRONG she is until you put her in HOT water -Eleanor Roosevelt'

Honored Contributor