Trusted Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for October 2022

Hi everyone, we're in No. Va.,so we're not really getting hit with the hurricane,thankfully. We are however,getting chilly temps and a slow,steady rain for another three days now. Gett a little tired of it,but still thankful we have not been hit with the bid winds. Got a lot of errands done today,hair cut tomorrow then I hope I will be able to get my upstairs windows washed and curtains done. Only have two rooms upstairs to do. Then I go,grocery shopping. It maneuver stops does it?!

Honored Contributor

Fall is definitely in the air here is SE Michigan.  As long as the sun is shining I can handle most kinds of weather.  Trees are turning color in the neighborhood and its a fabulous time to live in Michigan.  I have my first fence estimate later this afternoon.  I left a message for another fence company because I think it might be a good idea to have more than one estimate.

I know I talked about this in the fashion forum and honestly can't remember if I brought it up on the bird's nest.  September was a weird month for me.  I am replacing the lot line fence around my property with 6 ft vinyl privacy fence.  I read up on the building code to make sure I knew I was on solid ground before I moved forward with this. 

At this point you might be thinking hey it's a fence, how deep can it be?  15 years ago I installed a privacy fence inside the property line on one side of the yard.  At the time it was the path of least resistance to mitigate a contentious situation that erupted out of nowhere.  I'm serious, I would have been less shocked if someone would have smacked me upside the head with a 2x4.

That neighbor is still living so I expect bad behavior when I pull the emergency vinyl fence and the 50+ year chain link fence.  In my community when it comes to responsibility for a lot line fence, the person who pays for the fence to be installed owns it.  If the house is sold, the next person who buys the house inherits responsibility and ownership of the fence.  If there is no proof who paid for the fence then it becomes a shared cost between adjacent neighbors and both parties have a say.

Lucky for me the sole former owner of my house gave me all of the historical paperwork.  I have the receipt from 1968 that shows the former owner paid for every post, gate and inch of fencing.  I inherited it when I bought the house.  The fence is in bad shape on one side - that neighbor was one of the first families that settled the neighborhood and she could care less as long as she doesn't have to pay for anything.  The back fence has been warped and distorted because the original owners of this house had a habit of planting trees and shrubs a foot or two from the fence line.  The trees should have been planted at least 6 feet in from the fence.

If I'm replacing most of the fence I am replacing all of the fence.  Sadly a whole bunch of trees and shrubs are about to be cut down because of poor planting decisions many years ago.

Things are about to get exciting around here Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not muchhere

still raining, up to 4 inch so far

calling for rain to end thursday morn

will see

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food and text that says '4 Octobre Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar pains aux raisins bonoise'

Trusted Contributor

What can I say? More rain today. Did get my much needed hair cut. When we got home I looked out the kitchen window,thought of you Birdmama,there was the biggest darn groundhog I've ever seen munching away at the weeds in the backyard. Hope he eats them all.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  they love dandelions Epi.

I had my appointment with the fence company today.  At this point in the season fence contractors are booking winter or early spring appointments.  I'm not that desperate for a new privacy fence to do it in the dead of winter so it's looking like mid March, early April.

I'll probaby go with the company that came by today.  The man answered all of my questions, even the silly technical ones and I think overall the price is competitive.  When I said I would pay cash, he knocked off 3% which is money I can used towards the tree guys, lol. 

I'll most likely sign the contract in the next 2 weeks and even though he said 1/3 of the cost is required as a downpayment, I'll give him 1/2.

God's time is different than my time and I'm good with the delay.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of nature

Honored Contributor