Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for November 2022

@viva923  Yea I think most doctors overbook appointments and there have been times that I wondered, Jesus, did they forget they stuck me in a room?  I look at doctors/medical care this way - these people have a skill set I don't have and they earn a license to perform certain tasks.

Much like a plumber, electrician, roofer, the tree guys I plan to hire and my fence people - they work for me.  I treat everyone who has a skill set that I don't have with respect - be it my car mechanics or they HVAC company that installed my furnace and A/C in 2021. 

I don't think less of doctors and I don't think more of doctors.  They are not gods and they have bad days like anyone else with a job.  They have to balance work and home life like I did when I worked full time.  That said, I have my limits and will replace them on a dime if the relationship starts getting too one sided in their favor.

They are not my sponsors or patrons.  They get paid by my insurance and my wallet (out of pocket costs). 

Now you might be thinking wow I bet this one is a doctor hopper Woman Very Happy  Not so - been with the same dental office 30 years and been with the same OB-GYN practice (treats me head to toe) for 35 years.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I can't imagine trying to sleep with a back brace on Epi.   I would rather pull an all nighter than have broken sleep night in and night out.  Glad your daughter found a turkey for the holiday.

Honored Contributor

Well, the waste management crew responsible for lawn waste just came by and picked up what I expect to be the last large (9 bags) collection of leaves from me for the season.  That I had everything picked up by Sunday the 6th is almost a record.  The mulberry is usually the last to bud and the last to drop leaves and there have been times I've raked/mowed after Thanksgiving.  I worked for hours on Friday and then we had some strong winds on Saturday.  It was kind of mild when I checked the trees on Sunday and said, yep Bernie get the last of them up.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did normal chores,did morn walk

dried in dryer on energy saver today

sunny but wind shift out of north so brisk wind, leaves are falling quickly today.

not much else.later guys

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I don't sleep with the brace on. That's the reason I'm hurting. Have to come up with a solution for this problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Epicurean   I can't imagine trying to sleep with a back brace on Epi.   I would rather pull an all nighter than have broken sleep night in and night out.  Glad your daughter found a turkey for the holiday.

@Bird mama   If you dealt with sleeping for two hours, then awake for who knows how long, then back to sleep for two hours, you would basically be pulling an all nighter, every night.  Some nights I don't sleep at all, then have to nap here and there as I still have to get up and tend to the pups, etc.

Some nights I actually sleep, still up every two hours, but able to go right back to sleep.  Some nights, awake all night, last night was one.  I finally fell asleep at 5:30 am, but still woke up, not feeling chipper today, though the last two days I felt fine.  Every third or so night I don't sleep.

Honored Contributor

Ooh, I misunderstood the post @Epicurean 

Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of text that says 'Wedhesday God BLESS all of us smiles & happiness to my Family & Friends WOMEN WORKING'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower

Valued Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of flower

HI POSSUMMINK...........

did I read somewhere that you get your Hickory Smoked Ham from a place in NH ?

As it turns out I am going up to Vermont before the holiday and would love to know where you get it....I had posted on the KITCHEN thread that I was looking for a place to get a ham, so if you could provide me with a name I WOULD SO APPRECIATE IT !